May be moving soon.

CutnStuf

Me and Susan have been discussing downsizing to a townhouse or condo for some time and we've been looking at properties online and driven by a few of them. Getting too old to push snow off the driveway and mow the lawn. And I don't particularly like to climb ladders or stairs any more for that matter.The market here in Colorado is pretty good and we're actually going to go see a place tomorrow with a buddy who happens to be a real estate associate broker that sounds real nice. Here's a link to the listing. Let us know what you think.

http://www.recolorado.com/homes-for-sale/13950-E-Oxford-Place-UNIT-B303-Aurora-CO-80014-136019982

• Like 1

One thing to check on is whether the HOA rules will allow you to use your power tools. Some have noise level laws that prevent you from using even very small items and restrict what times of day you can use them. Would be a sad thing to find out after the fact.

Also I agree ~ corner unit ~ way more privacy!

And the loyal opposition chimes in: Stairs? It is not on the ground floor. It was photographed with minimal furniture. so spaciousness is deceiving. It's going to feel considerably smaller when you get your own furniture moved in. Also, think about replacing carpet in the room that will become your workshop with something other than carpet.

One thing to check on is whether the HOA rules will allow you to use your power tools. Some have noise level laws that prevent you from using even very small items and restrict what times of day you can use them. Would be a sad thing to find out after the fact.

Also I agree ~ corner unit ~ way more privacy!

The only power tools I might use don't make any more noise than a hair dryer or a blender, so we should be ok.

And the loyal opposition chimes in: Stairs? It is not on the ground floor. It was photographed with minimal furniture. so spaciousness is deceiving. It's going to feel considerably smaller when you get your own furniture moved in. Also, think about replacing carpet in the room that will become your workshop with something other than carpet.

No stairs. Elevator! And all the rooms are on one level. Yeah, we'll be aware of the room sizes and how stuff will fit.

• Like 1

Stairs...true. And how much is the monthly maintenance fee? Could you buy a ranch and hire a guy to mow grass and shovel snow for less? It is nice looking though.

Stairs...true. And how much is the monthly maintenance fee? Could you buy a ranch and hire a guy to mow grass and shovel snow for less? It is nice looking though.

No stair. Elevator. Good point about a ranch. HOA is a bit on the high side, but it covers everything except electric. So, if you line itemize what it pays for, it's still less costly.

Down here in South Florida the developers create massive community centers for the residents. Some of them have Workshops with all the tools included.

I live in a ranch, no HOA fees. We have lawn service and bug service and a tree service and roof cleaning service and pool cleaning service. Last year I replaced the roof again. They cost $20k and up down here. Another $5k for a new AC system. I'm ready for a community that takes care of everything.

Apart from the popcorn ceiling and carpet, looks nice! Do I guess correctly when I guess this is like a 55+ community? Or is this more like a condo?

At one time it was a 55+ but it's gone condo. We went to look at it this morning...no cigar. Looks much better in the pics plus there were some other negatives. So, onward and upward!

I hadn't realized when I got my pacemaker how much it bothered DH that we lived 'way out in the woods and at least an hour and a half between calling 911 and arrival at the hospital in town until bout five years ago he started talking to realtors and looking at houses and condos in our travels between Ocala, Anastasia and Pensacola, FL (we lived in Havana, FL); three years ago, at age 70, we signed a 30 year mortgage on our present house, 200 miles west of Havana in Alabama; but the house is perfect for us and we're a 25 minute 911 call from three major hospitals with cardiac care units.

I hadn't realized when I got my pacemaker how much it bothered DH that we lived 'way out in the woods and at least an hour and a half between calling 911 and arrival at the hospital in town until bout five years ago he started talking to realtors and looking at houses and condos in our travels between Ocala, Anastasia and Pensacola, FL (we lived in Havana, FL); three years ago, at age 70, we signed a 30 year mortgage on our present house, 200 miles west of Havana in Alabama; but the house is perfect for us and we're a 25 minute 911 call from three major hospitals with cardiac care units.

That's got to add security to your day to day life. Where we are now weve got a spanking brand new hospital 10 minutes away and thats certainly an important consideration for the next place we choose. Found 5 more places on the RECOLORADO website and we're goin to try to view as many of them as we can during the course of this week.

Going to see a couple more today. Narrowing things down. Going to resume getting rid of stuff and starting to pack and move stuff out of the way so the carpet cleaners can come in. As we're both retired and on SS with a small part time income, the bank is being difficult about floating us. Even though our house is in a prime neighborhood and worth around 350K, and we're more than right side up mortgage-wise. Miserable, greedy ********!

Edited by Deb
Edited to remove profanity