Greenleaf staircases in general

Shareb

I have seen as I've been reading through the forum, talk of changing the ladder in the Pierce for a spiral staircase or similar.  I'm really keen on knowing more.  Do you buy a spiral staircase complete and if so, where from?  Or do you build the spiral staircase yourself somehow?

You can buy kits, purchase ready made, or build custom. Probably a higher percentage custom build. There are some bridal favor fans at some craft stores that make great treads. That are carved sandalwood. I'll see if I can scrounge up a picture.

Try this.

http://www.bellestyles.com/images/6203.jpg

• Like 1

You can use beads to hold the separation of the steps. Railings can be things like rope, thread, yarn, ribbon, wire, straws, leather, chains, thin wood soaked and bent (the hardest to do). Posts can be decorative toothpicks, small dowels, sticks/twigs, more parts of the fan, etc, etc.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

They make clear water transfer decals if you don't want to paint your own. You can use small decorative wood designs glued on as embellishments and painted or stained as desired. Old jewelry bits and bobs can be added as embellishments as well, either painted or left the ordinal color. You can cut your own stencils or purchase them and paint them or add some varnish/poly and use metal or embossing powders to create old world gold, copper, brass, or silver decorations and then top coat them.

• Like 1

Don't use mod podge on the floors. It dries tacky. I read that there is another type that doesn't dry sticky, but I didn't look for it yet. I used krylon clear coat spray to fix the tackiness issue. Granted, that was after I broke some furniture, because I had to pry it off the floor.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Beacon Hill staircases are a nightmare!!! Not to mention all the splinters I've gotten. Finally got the 1st floor staircase done, sanded and painted. I would like to stencil them. Any suggestions???

The only thing I have used tweezers for....splinters!

• Like 2