Tutorial Treasures in Gazette Gallery albums

Deb

Once upon a time ago I put high resolution pics for Gazette articles into a gallery here and hyperinked it to a thumbnail in the article.  We gradually evolved to not having to take that extra step but the gallery with all those lovely pictures for step by step tutorials has been hanging around doing not much of anything ever since.   I went thru it tonight issue by issue and made sure there's a link for the tutorial article in the comment section of the first picture in each album.  It's not every tut we ever ran but there are still close to 30 at your fingertips now.  <grinning>  Lots of good stuff in there.  Have fun!

The Gazette Gallery

• Like 4

Thanks Deb. Rich resources there.

You are always so spot on with GOOD things for us.

I appreciate the helpful and positive spin you put on things, even when it is, often, I'm sure, a bad day for your own health on a personal level.

You are teaching me cool things in the gazette and miniature world but also cool things about attitude and focus. Thanks for that as well.

• Like 1

I'm catching my breath from laughing at myself; I had to make my own faux trap door to the attic for Washington 2.0 to solve the problem of no room in the hall for the second flight of stairs.

You're welcome!!!!  I'm gradually putting together an index of all the tuts and articles we ran over the years to add to our resources here so this is just a start but there are sooooooooo many awesome things in that gallery that I had to share them right away.  Everything from building tips to landscaping and all kinds of minis in between from people like Anna the polymer clay guru, Gayle of the amazing floors, Tracy the landscaping and building genius, and even Tracy's youngest daughter who has been an accomplished miniaturist since she was 8.  

Selkie, your words made me blush and I thank you for saying such sweet things.  <chuckling>  You also know me and my habit so well.  I couldn't sleep last night so adding links to the gallery pics killed some time and put my head in a better place.  Gotta love distraction and minis are the best distraction ever!   Cheryl, I'd forgotten there was a link for my youtube channel in my sig line.  LOL!  Yeppers, lots of eye candy there but the music is the best part.  Those are usually the songs I was listening to on my favorite radio station while I built.  I love swing and crooners and big bands when I'm building.  I'm usually a rocker but when it comes to being in The Zone, I need Dean Martin and the Andrews Sisters.  

I'm catching my breath from laughing at myself; I had to make my own faux trap door to the attic for Washington 2.0 to solve the problem of no room in the hall for the second flight of stairs.

Holly, I'll join you in laughing at myself too.  It had been a long time since I'd looked at that gallery and as I was scrolling thru I saw a picture that looked familiar and was trying to remember who had done the tutorial for it.  Was it Lynette?  Maybe Anna?  Hmm.  Then I went to that issue and realized that it was me.  <cackle, snort>  On the bright side of it, those strokes mean that every day I get to meet new people, hear new songs, read new books, and see new things. hehehehehehe  

• Like 2

I've been pondering for a few days how to make curved pipes for underneath the sinks and BAM! you throw the perfect tutorial at me.  

Bendy straws...  :idea:

You read my mind like a cheap comic!  :sleazy: How awesome are you???   :kicking:  

I'm off to dig out the pack of black Halloween straws that no-one wants to use........

• Like 1

Bendy straws...  :idea:

You read my mind like a cheap comic!  :sleazy:

<cackle>  That's funny.  I'm glad it came along at the perfect time.  I stumbled across the idea totally by accident when I was contemplating the sink part and had been sitting there tapping the table with a straw left on the table from making bolster pillow forms.  I looked down at my hand and had a Eureka! moment.  I gotta quit yelling "Eureka!!!" like that coz it scares the heck outta the cats.  hehehehe

• Like 2

Adding this link as a possible addition to the idea of pinned topics.

It's an interactive scale converter that I've used many, many times.

It's user friendly and really helps when you are having a brain cramp and can't seem to figure out your measurements.

I love that scale converter, Selkie. I've had it bookmarked for ages and use it a lot!

Deb, can you pin this thread so we can find it after awhile, to keep it from sliding down and out of sight? I have told others about this forum and I call it the Miniaturist University - with so much information and help for us. Don't have time right now, since it's almost midnight, to go through the list but there are some fascinating topics there!

THANK YOU! 

• Like 1

Deb, can you pin this thread so we can find it after awhile, to keep it from sliding down and out of sight? I have told others about this forum and I call it the Miniaturist University - with so much information and help for us

I'm working on putting together quite a few resources and the index of Gazette issues, articles, and tuts is a part of that.  So are the lists of builders and decorators along with their gallery links and a few other things so hang in there and give me a little time to finish compiling things and then figure out the logistics.  We lost our Dollhouse Universe to a server crash a few years ago but I have some ideas about putting things together for quick references that might replace some of it and add new things too.  Periodically I'll put out calls for specific things (like the builders and decorators lists) to get information as I start checking things off my list so watch for requests from me from time to time.  

<grinning>  I know y'all are going to want to start a wish list for things right away but if I may, I'm going to beg some time to let me work with what I have now and then I'll start asking for input about what you want to see included.  It's too easy for me to lose things if the list gets too long all at once so I'm chunking up the information in ways to make it easier to manage.  Every Library is built one book at a time...........

• Like 2