Dollhouse Cupboard/Dutch Baby House

Deb

How awesome is this! It's being marketed as a Dollhouse Cupboard which is cool enough, especially since it has a mansard roof. It looks like the inside has straight shelves, but the addition of vertical dividers would turn this into a mighty fine Dutch Baby House.

http://www.victoriantradingco.com/item/50-cb-5025476/101102104/dollhouse-cupboard#

Besides the fact that it's got enough twitterpating power to make most miniaturists drool, the fact that it's in a mainstream catalog rather than only being marketed to miniaturists says that our little passion is definitely beginning to spread. Let's face it, this is a gateway dollhouse right into the addictive world of miniatures. <cackle> The fairy gardens have captured the imagination of so many that marketing companies must have noticed a trend and are building on it. I'm seeing more and more resin furniture sets in catalogs like Collections Etc and that's a great sign that we're catching on again. Good work everybody!!! :clap: :thumbup:

I so think I need to put this on my wish list. It would be a great place to store furniture that doesn't have a home.

• Like 3

I needed tht uplift, Deb. I went through all the Miniature Collectors I got yesterday and was really getting down at all the ads for dollhouse manufacturers and makers of components and kits of various kinds who are no more...

Ohh! That is so cute. Definitely a great starting place for some. I wish I had the room and the funds. That would be fun to work with.

I noticed, while shopping at Joann's yesterday, they are already putting out the fairy/gnome garden stuff. The girl was just beginning the shelf stocking, but there are an assortment of fairies and gnomes and accessories out already. The selection looks bigger then all the stuff they had out last year.

Holly, places like CollectionsEtc are carrying full room sets of resin furniture now for $14.99; some are even lighted. The fairy garden sections in both CEtc and Victorian Trading are getting more and more extensive. Victorian Trading even has some nice quality dolls for exceptionally good prices. I'm seeing more and more of the resin sets popping up in other catalogs so we're getting more and more new options. Truly uplifting news!!

I noticed, while shopping at Joann's yesterday, they are already putting out the fairy/gnome garden stuff. The girl was just beginning the shelf stocking, but there are an assortment of fairies and gnomes and accessories out already. The selection looks bigger then all the stuff they had out last year.

Yay!!!!!!! That's a most encouraging sign!! The scales may not always be quite right but I haven't seen that much that's too far off the mark. <grinning> We can always bash a dollhouse to go up or down the scale to make it fit. LOL!

Ohhhhhh, now that is a must on your list Deb!

At that price it won't be living with me anytime soon but maybe next year I'll have Bruce combine my anniversary and Yule gifts into one. I keep looking at it and thinking that with some thrift store shopping for old furniture I could easily make it myself and then I remind my self that I probably couldn't anymore so I'll save up pennies instead. I think it's the mansard roof. Y'all know I'm totally over the moon when it comes to a mansard roof.

• Like 2

Deb, thanks so much for the Victorian Trading Co. URL! I used to order from them a long time ago. I had forgotten about them. They always have such neat things... Maybe I shouldn't thank you. This is going to get me into so much trouble!

Deb, thanks so much for the Victorian Trading Co. URL! I used to order from them a long time ago. I had forgotten about them. They always have such neat things... Maybe I shouldn't thank you. This is going to get me into so much trouble!

<evil laugh> You probably shouldn't thank me Casey. I can get lost in Victorian Trading for hours at a time and if I had unlimited resources, I'd just put one of everything in my cart. Sooo much temptation there.

I love these Dutch cabinets! My grandmother had one in her dining room. I sure wish I had it now! ( I'm Dutch :) )

Roxy, do a search for Gayle in the members section and check out her gallery. She has an awesome cabinet she converted to a dutch baby house. <drooling> Beautiful eye candy!

I checked out the Victorian Trading Co. website until I stumbled across a book: "Crafting with Cat Hair".   :yikes:  I didn't stick around to see if there's one on crafting with dust bunnies. 

• Like 1

<blink>  <blink>  OMG Casey, I didn't even see that one!   I don't know how I could have missed it but I tend to stay out of the furniture department coz that's where I'd go broke in about two seconds flat.  Wowsers, that is one awesome cabinet!!   Whatever you do Casey, don't let Tessie see it and if she does, hide your debit card fast!  

• Like 1

<chuckling>  Who could blame her?  That's a gorgeous piece of furniture and furniture shaped like dollhouses is one of my favorite things too.  But I can see Tessie demanding that for her summer home in Europe.  Does she have a summer home in Europe?  Probably not because I'm pretty sure we'd have heard something on the news if Tessie ever took Paris by storm.  hehehehehe  

No Deb. Not yet... But if she gets one, this could be a contender. http://www.victoriantradingco.com/item/77-cb-7723578/101102105/swiss-gothic-conservatory-cabinet. Until then, she will just have to be happy with all of the other buildings that she has laid claim to here. I own very few mini buildings here. What she doesn't own, Zar and Spike have claimed! Woe is me....

I had this tiny kit for a few years, photos of such a thing that I then cut out and glued to a wood block....thought it was such a fun thing and wonder where the original is!!! 

you can see it in this pic of several half scale items I have made/found

post-5162-0-45295800-1420577015_thumb.jp

No Deb. Not yet... But if she gets one, this could be a contender. http://www.victoriantradingco.com/item/77-cb-7723578/101102105/swiss-gothic-conservatory-cabinet

Oooooooooh, that has a swiss alps feel to it.  Does Tessie ski?  That one really has some potential for a lot of things but it would be so pretty with shabby chic minis inside.  For some reason that either says ski chalet or chintz to me.  It's really gorgeous!  

I had this tiny kit for a few years, photos of such a thing that I then cut out and glued to a wood block....thought it was such a fun thing and wonder where the original is!!! 

Julie, that is amazing.  And adorable!!  Now I'm picturing these dutch baby houses in scales from life size to 1:144 all tucked inside one another like nesting dolls.  

• Like 2

Deb, I don't really need another project on the list, but any of the three would make gorgeous minis. Did you notice that they were nice enough to list the measurements? Maybe that's the way to own one of these!

Deb, I don't really need another project on the list, but any of the three would make gorgeous minis. Did you notice that they were nice enough to list the measurements? Maybe that's the way to own one of these!

It's the only way I could afford one!

Julie, that is amazing.  And adorable!!  Now I'm picturing these dutch baby houses in scales from life size to 1:144 all tucked inside one another like nesting dolls.  

All right, Deb, now you've gone and done it!  I'm reading along this thread, drooling looking at all the beautiful furniture, admiring, but not coveting. Then you had to mention the nesting houses!  I've already thought about that, but haven't moved towards it yet. Wouldn't it be fun?

<chuckling> I'm pretty sure that if Bruce saw the price of them, he'd immediately drag out his notebook and start figuring out how to make one for me.  Hmmm................there's a thought.  Eureka Casey!   That's it!  I can't build it myself but it would make a *stellar* project for Bruce wouldn't it?  

All right, Deb, now you've gone and done it!  I'm reading along this thread, drooling looking at all the beautiful furniture, admiring, but not coveting. Then you had to mention the nesting houses!  I've already thought about that, but haven't moved towards it yet. Wouldn't it be fun?

Oh yes, yes indeed it would be fun!   I can't wait to see how it looks when you build them too.  Gonna start soon?    :popcorn:   The closest I've come is making a clock shop of the 1:12 Loganberry Inn kit and then making a cuckoo clock from the 1:144 version to go inside it.  That was really cool looking but nesting houses is an entirely different story and one I'd LOVE to see.