Happy New Year!

Roxxie2

:yay: What are your plans for New Years Eve ( day)???

We stay home and watch movies and wait for the ball to fall in New York City. I know.......I live in New Mexico, but its not really the New Year until I see the ball fall in the big apple.

New Year's Day we watch football and dismantle the tree.

Happy and Health to all!

• Like 1

We like the front-row view of the spectacular fireworks on the Seattle Space Needle. Each year we plan ahead so we can be front and center in front of the massive crowds that assemble - by sitting in our comfortable chairs and watching it all on TV! :lol:

No pickpockets, no traffic, no twisting of the neck to see over the hulk in front of me - and a better view than those present will have! This year we won't take the decorations down until Monday the 5th. I'm working the 3 day weekend and the job takes more than one day, so we'll start a little later than usual.

• Like 1

Being an Accountant, I usually go through my Receipt Box and sort out all the year's bills, medical receipts and other papers in order to prepare for my taxes. Don't know why I do this so early, I generally never get around to finishing the taxes until 4/15.

• Like 2

I will be busy breaking all my resolutions. :D

Seriously, last year was the first year in a long time I went out for New Year's Eve, and I think I had a better year as a result - only because I started out in a more optimistic state of mind. This year I will do the same, although I can be very content watching the ball fall on TV.

On New Year's day a good friend has an open house. It is also my aunt's birthday. She will be 94.

I will be taking the decorations down on Friday.

• Like 2

We were going to cheer in the new year with Lloyd's sister but our trip has been postponed, so looks as if we'll be cooking our own cabbage this year. Watching the ball fall in NY on tv will be the high point of our New Year's eve.

• Like 1

Out for dinner with mom and neighbours tomorrow, and then New Yrs Day she is cooking a pot roast with smashed taters and yorkshire puds. Mmmmm yorkshire puds.....

Then back home, where my tree will stay up until Ukranian Orthodox Christmas Eve (hey....tis a Ukranian community! When in Rome....)

Looks like I may be racing a snow storm home too. Ah well. :cold:

• Like 1

New Year's Eve DH and I stay up really late and ring in the new year playing online games with friends in faraway places. New Year's Day we will sleep as late as the cats allow, and then lounge about the house all day. We may play more games or work on hobby stuff.

The tree will stay up until we get tired of it, a week or two. I miss the bright lights, January is so dreary.

• Like 2

My typical New Years eve is watching the ball drop by myself as the DH is usually asleep by then. I don't see this year being any different. Its fine with me though. I step outside and listen to all the fireworks and gun salutes then watch a movie and go to bed Not a big deal day for me. New Years day I hope will be mini, mini, mini day. Oh yeah the tree will be coming down by the weekend as well.

Contrary housewife I agree I like having the lights up too. I would leave them if it was my choice.

• Like 1

I shouldn't post this here,with all the happy events planned,but New Year's Eve is a sad time for my family. My younger brother was struck and killed by a car 10 years ago this eve. Funny thing is I was actually thinking I might finally be ready to get out and do something fun this year,but that has changed a bit in the last few months! Well,at least I can have a celebratory drink now,since I'm off the chemotherapy. And I certainly plan to still be around next year to really kick up my heels! Hoping you all have a very safe and fun start to our fresh new year! ^_^

I shouldn't post this here,with all the happy events planned,but New Year's Eve is a sad time for my family. My younger brother was struck and killed by a car 10 years ago this eve. Funny thing is I was actually thinking I might finally be ready to get out and do something fun this year,but that has changed a bit in the last few months! Well,at least I can have a celebratory drink now,since I'm off the chemotherapy. And I certainly plan to still be around next year to really kick up my heels! Hoping you all have a very safe and fun start to our fresh new year! ^_^

Kat, your post belongs here as much as anyone else's. The holidays are hard when you are missing someone, and I imagine it would be even harder if they fall on the anniversary of a loved one's passing. In spite of this, I sense a great spirit and optimism from your post, so I thank you for sharing this. I am so happy you are off chemotherapy, and I wish you the best in the new year.

• Like 4

We stay home... in bed before midnight. My big party days seem to be behind me (if I ever had them!). The real thing that worries me is driving - I don't want to be impaired or have anyone leave my house that way, and I don't want to be on the road with others less careful.

The good thing about today is that the book that DH ordered me for Christmas (miniatures) is supposed to be delivered today, so I can spend my last hours of 2014 drooling over the new book. :tongue4:

Wishing everyone a Very Happy 2015!

• Like 2

Kat, you have every right to post whatever is going on in your life! My wish for you and everyone is a happy and healthier New Year!

Its so nice to share with my friends in GL! Hugs all around! Be safe!

We are expecting a snowstorm tonight :)

• Like 2