Miss T has crossed the rainbow bridge

HelenV

On Dec 27 my world was turned upside down again. My precious ragdoll cat ( my avatar pic) Miss T escaped and was hit by a bus. She was my constant companion and my miniature "helper" and we had lots of chats everyday. My world feels empty without her and my heart is broken. My hubby misses her deeply too, she comforted him for the 5 weeks I was in hospital and every night she spent time sitting with him. In hospital I fought really hard to get home to my pets but particularly her - one of the Dr's said he'd like to meet my cat as she was obviously so special. I have another big op on Jan 19 and will be in hospital for about a week and I'm not sure how we're going to get through without her. She really was that once in a lifetime pet. We love and have loved all our pets but she made her way into a special place in our hearts.

Oh Helen, I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Miss T! {hugs of comfort} We love our pets dearly, don't we? She sounds like a pretty special kitty- and how beautiful!

Best wishes on your next surgery and may the precious memories of your beloved pet help comfort you during your recovery time.

• Like 1

My sympathies are with you too.

She will be watching over you while you have your surgery and recovery from the heavenly kitty place, cheering you on and comforting you with her wonderful memories. She won't leave you all alone, it will just be different this time.

• Like 3

So sorry to hear of your loss,Helen. I hope you will be comforted in the precious memories she left you-many are not so lucky and she left you all a special richness that others may not be fortunate enough to gain. My family's #1 cat,a Siamese male named Tommy,lived 17 beloved years and even though we kids were all on our own by then,it was a somber time for our family when he passed. I know it's a hard right now,but we are here any time you need us! Big hugs,dear lady.

• Like 2

Aw Helen I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my beloved blue tabby birman Tigger in Feb to a car. He was only 18mths and was very much my baby. I was devastated and very, very angry. We've lived in this quiet road for almost 18yrs and he was our first 'road death'. The family wanted another and I gave in. After phoning around for a weekend we finally found another tabby birman - We had to wait for a few weeks to get him which I was quite happy about. He is about 11mths now and is the cuddliest baby we have ever had (having had 5 Birmans and 2 Maine Coons) and again is definitely 'my' baby. His pedigree name is Concerto Bittersweet symphony - as it was a very 'bittersweet' time. His at home name is Benni - I had walked around a whole day with the word 'Benediction' in my head. I finally asked my mum what it meant and when she said 'blessing' I knew that's what his name was to be. I try not to live constantly worried about him. Here in NZ our cats go outside - we've always bought ours in at night. It was a long time before we left the door open and he still isn't allowed out if we're not home despite the other cats coming and going. I don't know whether I could go through it again....I've sort of said to myself that if something happens to Benni I just can't go through it again. However they are worth it - the amount of love and understanding they give. We are very lucky to have had that relationship with our cats - not all do! One thing someone said to me not long after Tigger went (still can't think about it without getting choked up), 'Maybe he voluntarily left in order to make room for someone special'. It put a different spin on things - especially now with Benni. However my heart still wishes that he didn't go - my one positive is that it was fast. You will never stop loving her and feeling her loss, however there will come a time when you'll be able to think of her and not hurt so much. Maybe you should be thinking about an addition - that would certainly be something special to come home to from hospital! xxxx

• Like 1

Thanks again for all your kind words,love and understanding.

Rebecca I live in NZ too but as she was a Ragdoll (and they're not road smart) we tried to keep her either inside or in our backyard but she figured out a way to escape.

• Like 1