Pinterest dollhouse and minis

CutnStuf

Yikes - this all sounds scary - so I should be glad that I've not ever been able to log into it?

I gave in and signed up once after hearing such rave reviews but, in spite of password reset requests, etc. I've never gotten it to log in for me.

Sounds like I should praising the heavens for being protected from this new addiction.

• Like 3

I used to be able to look at and explore Pinterest to my heart's content without having to join, but lately a transparent window opens over the lower half of the page that doesn't have any means of removing that gives me options to join or join, so I've stopped looking.

I always found pinterest kind of a puzzle. I couldn't understand the fascination. I have a page and I use it for a bulletin board of sorts. I only save recipes I will actually cook - not ones that look good - and I regularly go through and delete ones I have tried and didn't like.

I find most people's pages to be overcrowded mishmashes of duplicate posts. Don't they ever look at them to delete the duplicates? But still, there are a ton of cool things to see.

It is a great place for resource pictures, and sharing interesting pictures of ideas and antiques and the like. I do have some miniatures in a folder there, kind of like a wish list or an if I ever get that good I could try that list. Enjoy Pinterest!

I found this forum through Pinterest. Started with one miniatures board, and ended up sorting them into seven (so far) more manageable categories. Here's my Tutorials/Printies board, with multiple links to Greenleaf posts or pictures and members' blogs: http://www.pinterest.com/ladygunn/dollhouse-miniature-tutorials-printies/

MJ, I keep getting a 'cannot open page' sign for some reason. It says that the address is invalid.

At one point I joined and un-joined all in one day. I didn't have any desire to collect things. I just like to look. Holly, when they did that to the screen I had a hard time re joining. I did so, but I don't pin anything. If I am interested in something, I just save it on my iPad. You don't have to start a board to be a member.

I tried it before I went in the hospital and all they wanted was email and password. There were options to select a bazillion categories of interests but it was not required.

I just can't get mine to work. I've reset the password about a dozen times and still can't get into it.

I guess it's a good thing in the long run - I don't really need something else to waste my time.

I'm an expert time waster without someone else's assistance. sigh ...

The reason you may not be able to get your Pinterest working may be the web browser you're using. I know that with one or two sites I cannot used Internet explorer and instead have to use Chrome. You could always try changing and see if it makes any difference.

MJ, I keep getting a 'cannot open page' sign for some reason. It says that the address is invalid.

At one point I joined and un-joined all in one day. I didn't have any desire to collect things. I just like to look. Holly, when they did that to the screen I had a hard time re joining. I did so, but I don't pin anything. If I am interested in something, I just save it on my iPad. You don't have to start a board to be a member.

I use Chrome and the link worked for me. I don't know what to tell you, beside try as Shareb suggested and use another browser.

I basically use Pinterest as easier-to-use bookmarks. I've had tons of recipes saved in my bookmarks before and then my old computer died and they were all gone. (Of course, now I have a Chrome account, so my bookmarks should be there no matter what computer I log in on.) Except my geek board - that one is to just collect things that make me laugh and geek out and make friends laugh. :)