Cube 3D Printer

• 1 month later...

I am kind of looking into these, though surely cant afford even the ones under a thousand! but I think they have come down in price. Beginning researching what it all entails. At first when they came out I thought wow that will maybe hurt artists' and their one of a kind work. but then again, people who want one of a kind and wood will always buy that? I would love to have one and design things, and further save my thumbs from lots of mini work?

One thought: the college where I work has one in the library and you can 3d print stuff. There might be something available in your town at a local college or library. Heck, my son's HS school bought one and the kids love designing things to print.

A club member's husband demonstrated one at our mini meeting tonight. He scanned the image of a member and will print it out later tonight. They own a candy store and will be making custom sugar wedding cake toppers from scanned images of the bride and groom. Very exciting future with these machines.

Bearing in mind that we homeschool...  :D  We bought a Da Vinci 3D printer for our kids for a Christmas present!  I've already found a 1:12 toilet which I've asked the kids to print for me!!! :banana: