Hello from Colorado

CutnStuf

I found and downloaded the assembly instructions for the Orchid from the download area. I thought it might be a good idea to acquaint myself with this info while I'm waiting for the kit to arrive. I notice that it says to use a glue gun, hot glue to attach the shingles. I remember reading somewhere that hot glue is not a good choice for dollhouse assembly. What do you guys think?

Cut

There are a few people who use hot glue to attach shingles, and if you use an industrial strength hot glue and live in a climate where your hot glue doesn't get warm enough to soften and let go, and you can use it without globbing the glue it's OK, I suppose/ I rehab hot glue built houses with a heat gun, a putty knife and carpenter's wood glue, making replacements for the parts that have fallen off or are destroyed by the removal process. We used to attend my DH's mother's family reunions in south GA and over the course of three years I watched a hot glue built Garfield fall into pieces in a shop window.