Hi from Ontario!

Micki

Hi there, I just joined yesterday, and I must admit I am rather hooked! This is the most fun I have had in ages! Its awesome to know that there are so many of you out there with the same interests! I am currently working on the Westville which is my second and I am really enjoying it! I was inspired by the Beacon Hill when I went in to purchase the kit but wasn't courageous enough to buy it, so its on my Santa list!! Congrats to all the winners!

Welcome to the forum, Maxine. I enjoyed building the Westville, although I made a change or two to the basic house. What is the first house you built? And a lot of folks have built/ are building/ hope to build a Beacon Hill (I'm in this last group).

Hi and welcome to the forum. This is a great group and I joined because of my friend Susanne who got me hooked on minis and dollhouses, although I had been a closet collector for many years previously. She just brought it out in me.

I wish that I could devote more time to this site but besides working full time, taking university courses for the last six years, and attending to my herd of cats, mostly Siamese, two Yorkies, two Seahorsies, several fish tanks, a frog tank, and two guineapigs, I am rather occupied.

However, as I am getting close to the end, I am hoping to devote more time to this hobby and forum and actually assemble my Garfield, as it has only been in the box for 11 months!

Katharina

Thanks for all the welcomes! I too am looking forward to the BH! And the first house I built was actually called the Acorn, but I don't think it was a Greenleaf. I gave it away to a friend who always wanted one but never got around to building one. Now she is decorating! And its nice to see that I am not the only one with several hobbies on the go...I too work full time and and taking a professional designation course on weekends, and I have two dogs and three cats, and a room full of unfinished hobby projects that I will "get to one day!" Right now, its the miniatures that have captured my interest, not to mention the contests! Happy building everyone!

My DH is building the Acorn (very slowly though). He is making his into a fishing cottage with some old drunks living in it. He purchased his kit from the Little Dollhouse Company in Toronto. If I'm not mistaken, it's one of their own line of dollhouses.

The BH was the first house I built and I still think it's one of Greenleaf's best.