Sharing My Dollhouse (photos inside)

Peacheink

so here we go i started doing my house about 4-5 mouths ago and have been working on it alot! my boyfriend felt neglected, bribed were being made to get to the craft shops, house work wasn't being done and i had been taking alot of sick days from work ~cough cough~ :) after the first shocks of me owning my first doll house came down, i let myself out of my craft room for a little only to find that my craft shops didn't have that much stuff to pick from... then inset the online search... but any ways here we go with the photos :)

the house itself is the beachside bungalow. the roof is done in woodstain (driftwood) and the outside is painted with apple barrel (20216 fuchsia 4 cots) with white trim.

819b5f9e-04ef-4283-8fbd-138a33b99fa8_zps

this is the beach front

593944b1-e8f3-4425-9092-3cc2297a9141_zps

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

there is still much work to be done on the side of the house where i plan on putting french doors coming off the kitchen to the sunroom,as well as put down grass/sand under the sunroom and out the brick under the base and being the fence around as well.

f0c60ca3-1628-42f9-8984-50f825cfcb95_zps

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

no outside parts of my house are glued on screwed on to the house im sure your wounding why... well because i wouldnt be able to get the house out of the room i call my craft room :( that was one of my worst fears when i started this house after i go most of it together i didn't think of where i was going to put the house when it was done or ever if it would fit through the doorway :( i could say i jumped the gun a little on that part.

Grass Front

cb824f01-1794-4786-baee-3e1923c6c9b9_zps

Grass front i started by putting little rocks i found a the craft store on the path way and decided after that i didn't like the way it looked so i popped all them off and found some flat wood stepping stones on one of my website i was shopping from :) still have one more pack i need to order to finsh it off i also will be putting a gate up and mail box with flower beds in the far corner of the yard.

a2a61414-2e7d-41ee-b862-0fc6199477d0_zps

now for the inside

Living room

5e033a34-c9d8-45ea-b76d-6deec41ea5ef_zps

i have to get the fire for the inside of the fireplace and little odds and ins for it to. I made the plant myself using fish tank plants i love the way it came out. there is some lifting of the paper on the wall on the left side by the door. i life one of the windows open in my craft room and it rained and made it do that :( not sure how to fix it yet...) the floors in the living room are made from coffee sticks. i will never ever do that again it is the most time consuming thing i did on my house.

4f1d99f5-3ba3-46c5-ae9b-7f63425c09dc_zps

Kitchen

065f0946-82fe-49fd-b600-a774db7b9597_zps

the kichen came out good there stove and things like that are on the way im so exsited for them to get here. i also need to get the little things that go on the steps. not sure what they are called behind the steps is where i plan on putting the french doors for the sunroom.

Hallway

6dded028-7738-4429-8658-626a79069c1d_zps

• Like 1

this is the worst part of the house i hate the floors and dont know what to do with them... but when i do i will be making a little bar and a coth rake in it... maybe some photos on the wall ~sighs~ what to do with it.

Bedroom

c3cf47a6-3e70-44de-a4c5-b58632215a79_zps

my pink bed room :) i just love it i have yet to get a bed for it or anything havnt found what im looking for so its just hanging in there for now. the only thing that will be staying in the room is the lamp.the floor was dont with popsical sticks.and a gloss put over top of it

Bathroom

0b359dc6-c2bb-4119-b526-30eaa0d5b9c7_zps

so this is the only room in the house that im done with i don't plan on doing anything more beside rugs and towels maybe toilet paper. the bathtub had to be my favorite part of the bathroom room i was looking on youtube and found a way to make bubbles in it. she used resin to fill the tube then but beads on top but the resin cracked her tub (lets just say i didn't do the same) :) i used plasticand Triple thick(it got just as hard as the resin).

af90aeaf-cb56-4834-abad-96c1185e771b_zps

The photos on the wall in the bathroom i made myself

77cb97b6-86f2-4425-b6a3-f85c1ac2c0dc_zps

• Like 1

i do have to say that the coffee sticks take a lot of time and cutting to make sure that they all sit right on the floor and if anyone desires to do it i would say start from the back wall out..i ended up having to pull some of them out because the size wasn't the same with all the sticks.

Edited by Peacheink

so today i have a update for everyone my kitchen set came and after i set it in the dollhouse i think i am going to take the steps out and fill the hole in. when trying to find the right kitchen i found that my dollhouse had a odd layout,with the window being in the way as well as the steps. so part of the window will be couved but hey i may change the way it is i never really no.

fd89e052-f1ec-41e2-9ec7-357c439e41b0_zps

5a8d1e2b-f5ed-47d5-91f0-fe83052e5ff6_zps

:D over all i am happy with what i payed for i got this off eBay and it came from china.

• 10 months later...

So as of today i have changed a lot of things around in some of the rooms of the house and others have been left the same being that it just seemed like everything was in its right place but i am sure that will change as it always does with me. I wanted to give a update on house that house was going and some of the Diy's that i have been working on.

I started working on the lighting of the house and i found myself trying to think of away to hide the battery and the wires and plugs so what way better then just adding something more to the house... yes more stuff added :doh:... so here we go.

i still need to put a hold in the back to allow the cable space to be pulled out the back so the gazebo/porch top can be placed on and even. I used old CD case's and cut them put to make the ourside base and E6000 to glue everything in place. front sets are made out of Popsicle sticks

f3d0bf41-a629-4900-80a2-5b58583caa65_zps

i already had most of the stuff that i need so i didnt need to buy anything new as of yet. the gazebo/porch i already had as well

cf9f03a9-dfa3-437a-821c-5a7cdd91590e_zpsFront With doors shut :drool:Wait for it 

821838cd-356d-408e-9f94-4f87123d80ff_zpsThe open door 

59b7d2e7-f81d-48ab-b069-cbbda6705e22_zpsjust inside somewhere to sit and have a drink and read the newspaper

0a6972a2-814b-44db-a983-fd649d8e6848_zpsoff the the other side starting to work on a new plant 

All and all i still feel like there is alot missing maybe more plants and a new rug maybe even some paint on the back wall just something to think about and more time to spend on something that i really shouldnt be thinking about right now being that the light in the dollhouse are still not done and my craft room is a big mess again :ermm:

ee51796d-74de-453f-8bab-8964a53fa56b_zps

Room update as well :)

before an afters side-by-side

5a8d1e2b-f5ed-47d5-91f0-fe83052e5ff6_zps9f5dcf35-3107-4f54-8ed3-86dddbefe43b_zps

when i got the parts for my dollhouse i already knew i was going to have trouble with the placement of everything due to the window being so big and in the middle of the room. so i made the executive decision to start cutting and boy am i glad i did things came out so much better i feel but i know i will still need to move the stove over when i get the refrigerate  to put in and i desided not to use the tall storage shelf in the kitchen. i was a little shocked by how e-z it was for me to cut and work things in the way that i wanted to pulling parts off like the overhang over the stove. Popped right off :) i also changed the counter tops from brown to black and i even added a little glitter to make it look like some kinda stone i seen at the home depot.  

http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah69/_Peacheink_/5de5f5cd-af53-4bd5-b5bb-676597323734_zpsy948rgys.jpg 

Edited by Peacheink

Before and After Side-by-Side

The big changes in my Dollhouse is The bedroom i worked long nights on little things, that wouldn't seem to be so hard to do i used my (brain extra) hand on how to re-sizing things to fit the dollhouse scale and that was no easy task for a book... i found a lot of printable but none of them fit the kinda things that i wanted to put in my dollhouse so making my own was the only next step i knew how to do,being that i didn't wanna pay $5.99 for 2 or even 1 piece of paper or even a little hat box mini's prices are over the top when its just for paper :( .

so i let my creativity flow and this is what i came up with

ffcfb0b3-d548-4ddb-b1e4-a7c5e38debff_zps<Before&After>image.jpg1_zps5po6ni6n.jpg

image.jpg2_zpseer96v0b.jpgimage.jpg1_zpsem8kdovp.jpgBooks and more books :)

Hat boxes i made myself not the best but they work for what i wanted them to

image.jpg4_zpssnfmytjo.jpg

I also made a nice sitting desk with some perfume bottles still need to add a pillow to the seat

image.jpg5_zpsrrrohdkk.jpg

and my most face thing in the room is the photos that i found on google and printed them out layed them down on some soft wood and glazed them.

i found something like this on esty for $20.00 for the 3 of them and call me cheap but theres no way i will pay that much for something that i can make myself!~

image.jpg3_zpsu3xac1pk.jpg

lots of work is going on but its kinda fun i am running out of room to work my room is a mess i almost cant get to my computer :) i turn my chair a little ago and knocked alot off stuff off of my desk :cucumber: the fun of cleaning up after the brain starts and shuts down for the week:cucumber: 

I love your house. Great idea for hiding the wiring.  Once you start doing miniatures, you never look at every-day items the same. I always think about what I could use an item for in my dollhouse or room boxes before throwing anything away.

Keep posting photos as you work on your house. 

Renea

• 4 years later...
On 10/16/2014 at 1:30 PM, Peacheink said:

this is the worst part of the house i hate the floors and dont know what to do with them... but when i do i will be making a little bar and a coth rake in it... maybe some photos on the wall ~sighs~ what to do with it.

Bedroom

c3cf47a6-3e70-44de-a4c5-b58632215a79_zps

my pink bed room :) i just love it i have yet to get a bed for it or anything havnt found what im looking for so its just hanging in there for now. the only thing that will be staying in the room is the lamp.the floor was dont with popsical sticks.and a gloss put over top of it

Bathroom

0b359dc6-c2bb-4119-b526-30eaa0d5b9c7_zps

so this is the only room in the house that im done with i don't plan on doing anything more beside rugs and towels maybe toilet paper. the bathtub had to be my favorite part of the bathroom room i was looking on youtube and found a way to make bubbles in it. she used resin to fill the tube then but beads on top but the resin cracked her tub (lets just say i didn't do the same) :) i used plasticand Triple thick(it got just as hard as the resin).

af90aeaf-cb56-4834-abad-96c1185e771b_zps

The photos on the wall in the bathroom i made myself

77cb97b6-86f2-4425-b6a3-f85c1ac2c0dc_zps

I love it!!