The Voices ...

CheckMouse

Maybe it's the wood nymphs that lived as part of the trees before the trees were cut down and sent to the sawmill..maybe it's their voices we hear...or don't hear. My Glencroft has always been very silent.

• Like 1

and this would be why I generally do not make plans... I mean why bother for petes sake....

Miss Dianna says not one word...sitting on the shelf 80% finished but will not allow it...she is saucy and snooty...oh she heard that..says "HUMPH"

sigh...

The Arthur is waiting the addition I have just been THING about and he jumped on that....and now taps his foot impatiently....sorry lil dude the Gingerbread is first as soon as I get this one thing I need...lol

and if you think houses have to live with you to talk....NOOOOOOOO....my poor babes in storage send out weak pitiful plea's....why dont you love us...why do you leave us? oh the guilt!

I would never admit such things to regular folk....I wait and share with all you normal folk! :victory:

My heart is aching for those poor little houses in storage. - Seriously, I felt a pang in my heart when I read about them. I don't mean to make you feel more quilty, it's just that I can only talk to normal people about this too, and I needed to express these feelings. - Can't you take them out of storage and shove them under your bed, so they might feel more loved. - Sniff!

• Like 1

Covering should work, except that these guys and gals ARE all covered up and under a table to boot!!

I blame the scroll saw. He's a trouble maker. I can just tell. He's doing something to wire them all up.

Maybe it's him that I need to cover. Hm-m-m-m??

Well, back to painting the room.

The scroll saw is always the one to blame, but if you quiet him down, I think you will find the silence worse to deal with than all the noise.

Maybe it's the wood nymphs that lived as part of the trees before the trees were cut down and sent to the sawmill..maybe it's their voices we hear...or don't hear. My Glencroft has always been very silent.

I don't own a Glencroft, but from what I hear, they tend to be silent. Could it be that different cultures exist among the various types of houses? Maybe a Glencroft would be a great house for independent miniaturists who like to work in peace without any added pressure. Even so, I have a feeling this house has more subtle ways of getting what it wants.

• Like 1

Wood nymphs ... hm-m-m-m?? I always have loved the old stories where the trees come to life and talk and walk and dance and be joyful. Some of the Narnia and Hobbit stories have that. Maybe you are on to something here Karin.

My kiddos have a story on tape about a tree and his birth and life from his viewpoint. He talks about what he wants to be when he grows up with another older and wiser tree. As it goes on, one tree wants to be a cart, another fine furniture but the littlest one wants to stay planted to give shade to the weary travelers and homes to the birds and critters and such. It's a fun way to think - like a tree I mean.

So, perhaps our lovely wooden kits have trees in them that had different lives and hopes and dreams and imaginations before they were cut down.

Something to think about.

• Like 1

Can't you take them out of storage and shove them under your bed, so they might feel more loved. - Sniff!

We got as much out of our storage in Mo and transferred the remaining items into a smaller unit...when will we get back for them we do not know

I know the big houses understand...because it either there or send them off to another and who will love them as much as I? even if Im making them wait.

it makes me sick....my Granville, my McKinley, the astor,...the addams...those are built shells...I did bring all my kits and have them under my bed....we will not go into the things they say to me while I try to sleep...sigh

• Like 1

As far as the wood nymphs are concerned, we are all a product of our past ancestory and personal experiences. I don't see why our dollhouses should be any different. Fortunately, in time they become part of us as well, which is why we end up living harmoniously together even when they continue to talk.

• Like 1

My Glencroft was the first one to sit me down and patiently explain to me that no matter how much I wanted to build a cottge for Miss Marple, it wouldn't be anything but a crossroads English pub.

• Like 1

My rescued Tiffani has taken to glaring accusingly-or possibly reproachfully-at me every time I come down the basement steps. It's a combination of the twin dormers and the empty doorway... and it's starting to weird me out a little bit. (I may have screamed a little when I saw it looming out of the gloom a few days ago-which spurred me to get on the job posthaste...)

Edited by ilian

I just ordered the Rockwell Sonicrafter X2. My DH was helping our son-in-law, and a contractor, put new siding on their house. The contractor had one of these and DH was very impressed so he told me about it. Said if I happened to get any $$ for my birthday I might like to get one. In our family, the grandchildren get $$ and gift cards for birthdays, but Grandma doesn't. Turns out he and my daughter were in cahoots and I got enough to buy the tool. My daughter had sent me money designated for miniatures, since she didn't know what I might like. Said she never imagined I would get excited over a power tool. :)

I have to cut two more dormer windows, a doorway, and a stairwell, into the heavy wood of the already-constructed Federal Manor and had no idea how I was going to do it. The Sonicrafter has a blade heading straight out of the end of it, with a cutting edge on the end!! No sideways sawing, and I can jump right into the middle of the board - don't have to start on the outside edge.

I can hardly wait to get it! The only power tool I have is a battery-powered Dremel and it doesn't do very much. I've been very disappointed with it.

Can't seem to upload a picture of it, but the website is just Rockwelltools.com.

I have a couple different versions of this tool.

One piece of advice is to be sure you clamp your piece down before you do the plunge cut that you described.

You'll get a more accurate cut and won't have any unintended flying objects.

The tools are very versatile but as with anything power related, they deserve respect in their use.

• Like 1

Congratulations, CJ! Power tools are loads of fun. I love my Dremel Trio because I can also make plunge cuts and cut door and window openings with it. DH made me a short workbench without a top for building kits on a surface to fit. Right now I'm using the old table top from our old RV, but when I was bashing the Pierce I clamped the blank wall to the sides of the table frame and cut out my double doorways. The only battery powered Dremel I have is the Stylus, and I don't need a lot of power for what I use it to do.

• Like 1

I guess I got the wrong Dremel - didn't realize till later that there were so many. The battery won't even last through a simple job. On this new one I got the corded electric model so it will just keep on going. I've never been able to cut into anything but a flat board with a hand saw. Can't wait till this one gets here!