Builder to complete doll house

hank

Good afternoon, my name is Hank. I purchased a dollhouse kit for my neice when she was born. I thought that I would build the doll house in the last 6 years . It is incomplete as of this date. I am looking for some help to complete the project before my neice goes off to college!! if there is anyone out there who can assist me with info on a patient talented doll hose builder, in Massachusetts or Connecticut, I would be forever grateful. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Hank

Hi Hank, Welcome to the forum. I'm curious as to why you just don't open that box and read over the instructions and before you know it, you'll be looking to build another one.

In any case, I'm sure there must be someone out there that would be able to help you. Good luck!

Hello and welcome to the forum Hank! Now you said you had a house kit in a box??? WHich one is it :lol: I bet there are others that are just as curious as me LOL so do please tell.

Mini-hugs :thumb:

Hi Hank -

Dying to know which house you've had sitting in a box.

Ray and I just finished building our first dollhouse from kit. We wired for elecricity and landscaped the house and it only took 13 days. Perhaps you'd just like some support from all of us on this forum to build it yourself.

They really are fun.

-Susanne

Hi Hank,

Why don't you post and let us know what house you're building and where you're having problems. There's a ton of experience on this forum and before you know it I bet the "think tank" (as I like to call em) will have you up and running with this house! When ever I get stuck they always get me going again :blush: Dollhouse building is a lot of fun and remember there's just about no mistake that can't be fixed :lol:

Welcome to the neighborhood

-David

:welcome: Hank :ohyeah:

anyone out there who can assist me with info on a patient talented doll house builder, in Massachusetts or Connecticut

Probably any forum member from that area. Why not you? As you read the posts on getting started, and the blogs, you'll see it's not at all difficult.

Which kit do you have?

Hi Hank and welcome to the forum...I agree with everyone else in this forum...Go for it...The hardest part is getting started...don't feel intimidated, because building a dollhouse is easier than you may think! And don't forget to post pictures...we all love eye candy here!!

Hank,

I agree with the rest. I have built houses for all of my three nieces, and am building a firehouse for one nephew. The nephew wanted the firehouse because I had made stuff for the girls, but had never made him anything. It's not just the houses they all love, but the fact that I made the houses for them. The helpful, experienced folks on the message board can guide you through it if lack of experience is all that is holding you back.

There are dollhouse builders. Gary at www.minis4u.com will build your house, but it will cost a lot, and you would have to get the house to him herre in Virginia. I am sure there are builders closer, and your local dollhouse shop can put you in touch with one.

But if you can possibly manage the time, build it for her. I promise you that she will love it even more if you are the buuilder.

Jeri

Hank -

I just checked into this thread again today because I wanted to see if you'd posted which house kit you've got.

A year ago when I first started posting in this forum, I'd never thought that I'd be able to actually build a dollhouse. It really is much easier than I ever thought. You need so very few tools to do a basic build. A bottle of wood glue, some polyfill (spackle), masking tape, exacto knife, and paint will pretty well do it.

If I can do it ... pretty well any one can.

-Susanne