Hi

minianna

I guess I should have introduced myself before I started trying to win contests but I got so carried away that I completely forgot.

My name is Anna. I live in Rockmart, GA. I have had an interest in miniatures ever since I received my first cardboard dollhouse at the age of 3. I currently own one finished dollhouse that my aunt built for me in 1986. I purchased a Greenleaf General Store Kit off of ebay back in 2000 and I started working on it but never got around to gluing it together. It was a lot larger than I expected and didn't really have room to build it.

I have photos of some of the miniature stuff I've made at http://photos.yahoo.com/miniannalee

Mini hugs,

Anna

Hi Anna and welcome to the forum...good luck with the Miniature Madness contests...I checked out your photos....Your leaves are great! How did you make them? But my absolute favorite are your animals...They are fabulous!!! You are one talented miniaturist...Thanks for all the eye candy!!!

Hi Anna and welcome to the forum...good luck with the Miniature Madness contests...I checked out your photos....Your leaves are great! How did you make them? But my absolute favorite are your animals...They are fabulous!!! You are one talented miniaturist...Thanks for all the eye candy!!!

The leaves were made from real fall leaves that had been treated. ( I bought them at a craft store) I then used a maple and oak leaf punch and lined up the veins on the leave to look like the stem of the mini leaf.

I'm glad you enjoyed looking at my minis.

NOw this way of making leaves sounds very interesting for sure! I think one can treat leaves with a glycerin (sp?) solution which will helap the leaf to keeps its flexibility sort of, and as I have both a maple and an oak leaf punch I have no excuse not to try it. WIll just have to try the glycerin solution first though so thank you so much for the idea!!!

Hugs