I've found my Dream House! A Hofco Victorian Farmhouse

Stacey6163

My gorgeous, gigantic Hofco made it safe and sound! :D It was quite the adventure getting it home, first off the bus station wasn't where it used to be, but we did find it, in a mall with a job fair going on. The box was huge, bigger than me, and I had my doubts about it fitting in the Jimmy, off to a real good start,lol. So picture me going backwards with the huge box on a dolly, trying to maneuver around tables of employers, lots of job hunters and even some mall walkers, and of course people are looking and asking what's in the box? It took ten minutes to get it out to the truck. Next was the look on my son's face and he starts ranting that it wasn't going to fit,blah,blah,blah...........I told him it was and started ripping off the outer box, even though I wasn't sure that it would fit. But after that and moving a few things around we got it in there, whew!!! I didn't get it brought in until the next afternoon but it was worth the wait, I love it!! So I've been online shopping for siding, trims, interior doors, all the goodies.....I'll post some pictures soon. :)

• Like 5

Thanks everyone! It came with a new Bell tape wiring system and I'm going to try and electrify it, a new experience for me. I've read through the instructions and think I can pull it off. I worked last night on making some interior doors and trim and am picking out wallpapers and flooring. But I need to tackle the wiring first. John has been working on the Victorian farmhouse kit upstairs in his workshop, he has all the missing pieces made but one, ran out of plywood, but is moving right along on it. Last night he came down and went over and started looking in my stash, and picked up the Aster Cottage kit and took it up to start on. Said he needed something to work on until he could get to the Depot for more wood. I think he's hooked !! :D

• Like 4

After the struggle you had to get that 'Titan',I am so glad to read how happy and excited you are,my dear friend! I just know it's gonna be gorgeous once you give it your touch! Let us know your color scheme and theme as soon as it lets you know what it wants!:)