San Franciscan build - I am stumped

jbresr

I took a long break from building due to issues but I do continue to lurk on the forum. In all my years of building I have never built a San Franciscan 555. Well I was supposed to have done this last year for a friend but am now just getting around to it. For not really being able to build I not only have this kit but another friend gave me another SF555 (kit) to do whatever I want with it. Anyways I usually can figure things out but on this build I am a tad bit stumped and I am only beginning this. . Does anyone have detailed pictgures of building this? I sooo need to see them. I am kinda stumped on the 2nd,3rd and 4th Story floors section 5 and 6. 5 says to glue edges of 5-100 to edge and 1/4" from edge. Well there are notches in the corners so I dont know if I glue 1/4 from where the notch starts or from the part where it is not notched. Also section 6 says add s5-2 to the back edge of 4th floor and trim flush with the angle of the 5-100 Do I glue this down and also the s5=2 will be used later and I didnt have extra so I am not sure what I am doing there? Not sure if this makes sense to you but pictures would help. Yes I have the video that came with both kits but have not watched - no VCR!! Thanks for any help you can give

As a sidenote I had gotten rid of most of my building stuff so now have to get a few things to do this!!!

I remember two things from the video' the guy using strips of masking tape to hold the wall sections together as the tongues got gluued into the grooves, and if the windows you figured out how to build from the instruction booklet didn't quite fit, using a utiility knife to "trim" the openings.I vaguely remember plain wood strips I glued along the walls just below where each floor went and then gluing the floors to the tops of those strips. I built that puppy more than 20 years ago, and it was my very first kit, so I now I made lots of mistakes with it.

Here is a link to a finished SF. It shows some good interior shots but not necessarily the construction process.

This person provides a link HERE for free building instructions. Again probably what you already have but posted it just in case it's different.

Selkie -thanks for the links. The pictures to the finished SF helped. It actually showed most of the one part I needed!!

Havanaholly I know I will be making mistakes but when I build the second one - we'll hopefully I will know what I am doing!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On Tue Jul 29 2014 11:29:31 GMT-0400, Selkie said:

Here is a link to a finished SF. It shows some good interior shots but not necessarily the construction process.

This person provides a link HERE for free building instructions. Again probably what you already have but posted it just in case it's different.

THanksHggffffMmmm

NOt Phone keyBoaD soRryDele