Finally Introducing Myself

:yes: Hi all. My name is Kelly.

So a little about me...I live out in Oregon with my Husband (Joe) and two sons Devon (7years old) and Thalen (3 months old, he joined our family this past July). I currently am going to school for my B.S. in Graphic Design, and if things keep going as planned I will be graduating this upcoming June!!! Its been four years now So I'm READY to be done with juggling schoolwork with family. I'm looking forward to getting a lil bit more free time to be able to tackle my fun projects!!!

I've always loved wooden dollhouses and can remember wanting one since I was 5 (closest thing I had was the lil plastic fisherprice dollhouse and people). Now, at 27, I have purchased my very first REAL dollhouse kit, The Beacon Hill. I bought it February '06 and have gotten the base,1st & second floor, frontwalls, sidewalls, and first staircase built. The process has been slower than I hoped, but all things considered I think its coming along rather nicely, especially with it being my first.

Its EXACTLY what I've always wanted. I did ALOT of research and investigating on both the product AND company, before I made my purchase (I signed up in this forum in January, which helped me ALOT with my decision making). Before I set out to find a Hobby Store (another task in itself right there) I had decided that I wanted either the Beacon Hill or the Garfield.

I was so inspired by the product and company (I love History and, for me, greenleaf had a very interesting history) that I used both for one of my class projects.

I have many plans for my Beacon Hill. My colorskeme for the houses exterior is already figured out, and is inspired from the Victorian/Edwardian time period. I also hope, once the house is completed, to fill it with as many unique antique pieces of furniture and a few dolls as possible.

Oh...I can also be very talkative :lol2:

Hello - officially welcoming you!! talkative is good and since you've been here a while, you know that eye candy is good too!! Soooo, any pics? LOL Seriously, I am working on the Laurel as my first dollhouse - but really really want a BH too. What's your color scheme? tell us more!! :yes: :p :lol:

Hi Kelly ... sound as if you've accomplished a great deal already, even with your busy schedule. Congratulations. I look forward to seeing photos, please. :yes:

Hi Kelly and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate! :yes: I have to admit, I am jealous!! LOL...I'd love to be able to do a BH, but, unfortunately finances won't allow it for now....But I am looking forward to seeing what you do with yours!!! Keep us posted with your progress!!

Welcome Kelly,

Wow you have had your plate full and yet got all thsi together! I am impressed, and as for the talking part, well I am game LOL as that is something I am inclined to do as well...

Hugs

Hi and welcome! Congratulations on the birth of your son! Congratulations also on school! What an accomplishment to get so far when you have so much to juggle! The last year goes by much faster believe it or not!

Can't wait to see pic's of your BH! I love that house! I hope to start building mine in a couple of months.

Welcome to the Neighborhood Kelly! I am like you....I LOVE history and I love the story of Greenleaf (How they started, how they let go the company, then to purchase the company back).

I can't wait to see your Beacon Hill also!

inspired from the Victorian/Edwardian time period.

Hi, Kelly, that's also my favorite time period! I'm inspired by both William Morris & Gustav Stickley.

I got into minis seriously whilst attending nursing school, so I understand the juggling act all too well; however I was nearly twice your age at the time, so no little children to add to the fun...

Hi everyone :thumb: thankyou for the warm welcomes!!!

Hello - officially welcoming you!! talkative is good and since you've been here a while, you know that eye candy is good too!! Soooo, any pics? LOL Seriously, I am working on the Laurel as my first dollhouse - but really really want a BH too. What's your color scheme? tell us more!! :lol: :o :)

lol, yes i know how everyone loves the eye candy... I dont have pics yet...but i'll work on getting that remedied reeeeaally soon. My hubby did just get me a new camera. it would be a great time to start playing with it!!!!

right now my color skeme is white trim, grey-blue, and a soft yellow. I'm also contemplating doing some accents in a shade of "pink" similar to that seen on most BH's.

I'd love to be able to do a BH, but, unfortunately finances won't allow it for now....But I am looking forward to seeing what you do with yours!!! Keep us posted with your progress!!

I got REEEEEALLY lucky when I found my BH. the store had it a while so it ws marked for $120 (verses the 225 i've seen it go for) I was ESTATIC over the price. I feel like i got pretty darn lucky. If it wasnt marked down I would have had to wait ALOT longer before I could have gotten it. (I was slowly saving up to make the purchase).

Wow you have had your plate full and yet got all thsi together! I am impressed, and as for the talking part, well I am game LOL as that is something I am inclined to do as well...

Thankyou Anna! Its funny how when you're in the middle of it all you dont realize til others point out how much you have accomplished or are accomplishing, til someone says something. :)

So its looking like I'm not the only one who tends to talk alot then LOL. It sometimes will take me a bit to come out of my shell, but when I do, its nice to know that I'm not alone! :D

I am like you....I LOVE history and I love the story of Greenleaf (How they started, how they let go the company, then to purchase the company back).

and Isnt the image of that church clock amazing???

that's also my favorite time period! I'm inspired by both William Morris & Gustav Stickley.

I got into minis seriously whilst attending nursing school, so I understand the juggling act all too well; however I was nearly twice your age at the time, so no little children to add to the fun...

I LOVE Stickley and Morris (they were two designers of many that I actually had to study) I also like Victor Horte and Charles Ray McKintosh. really almost anything from the art nouveau movment I find inspiring!

I know that if I had just a teeeeeney bit more freetime my house would be PACKED full of mini's :) The kiddos do add some interesting spice and flavor to the juggling act lol. Not complaining though. I still find time to have those enjoyable moments, even when things get way over my head lol