I'd like you to meet Irene..or as Sherlock calls her, The Woman. She has tried to entice Sherlock to run away with her but so far, he has resisted. However, he does keep her picture around....

This resin figure started out as a very proper lady in soft green and cream and now she stands transformed. There's a few more shots of her in my gallery under Steampunk.

post-3022-0-33682900-1402349989_thumb.jppost-3022-0-81584300-1402350018_thumb.jp

• Like 7

Wow! Debra, you have such a creative mind. I'd never have thought of painting a resin doll to change her character.......especially that much of a change!! She's gorgeous. I don't know how Sherlock will be able to resist her much longer.

She need some music to make her grand entrance. Allow me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSakR1lSTkA

• Like 2

I'd never have even thought of that but now I want to go dig out my dead librarian and really make her dead! She was retired and living in a cute little cottage but I got tired of her so she died. The cottage is the Haunted House kit that never wanted to be haunted so it was all cute and sweet and very little old lady + cats in decor. Now it'll be that except it will also be haunted by the dead librarian and a few renegade skellies. Alll the cats will stay to keep the skellies from going crazy and I'm going to distress all her furniture. I was going to just toss the doll into one of my miscellaneous tubs but now that I see how well they can be repainted, maybe I'll make her a zombie. Debra, it never fails! Every time I talk to you I get all kinds of new ideas because you're constantly doing something inspiring. This is just an awesome revelation when it comes to resin figures!

• Like 2

Nice painted lady, Debra! Love her.

I have also actually covered over old clothes with fabric and lace to change the clothes on dolls. At first, that's what I thought you had done! You did a great job!

I'd never have even thought of that but now I want to go dig out my dead librarian and really make her dead! She was retired and living in a cute little cottage but I got tired of her so she died.

You are scaring me, Deb. You never know what's up with these retired librarians who live in such cute little cottages, but please, if you ever get tired of me, just tell me, and I will take the warning.

Debra, please keep us updated on how the romance progresses.

ONLY IN MINI.

:D

<smiling innocently and hiding the shovel behind my back> Oh, absolutely only in mini. <fluttering eyelashes>

Hey Debra, did you put any sealer over the paint or is it staying in place without lifting when you touch the doll? I'm pretty determined to zombify my librarian after seeing your conversion of resin. And then I remembered that I have an extra maid someplace that I could either semi-steampunk and/or tart up into a "french maid" for Dr. Robertson coz he's gonna need a housekeeper.

LOL! Tart up the maid! This doll's previous paint job held up very well without sealer. (This is her third installment) I use Ceramcoat paint and have never had an issue with it. In her green outfit, she even spent alot of time in moving boxes over the last few years with nary a chip. I do just let them sit for a few days after they are done to let the paint harden thoroughly.

I saw that shovel.... :nono:

• Like 1

Debra, I am a devout Ceramcoat user. It has been my paint of choice for over 30 years. I don't know what is different about their formula, but it holds up better than any other acrylic paint for me. I have things from my early days of miniature making that look like they were painted yesterday.