Calling all Weird and Wonderful Magickal Brainstormers!

moonberry

Casey, your ideas are fantastic!!! I love the baby feet idea! I just ordered some of that paper clay to play with. I'm sure I'll be asking for help once I get it. I still have the dungeon/ hidden caverns under hogwarts to create. This feed could prove dangerous! Lol

Lol!! Ha!!! See that!? all your excitement got me so excited and I grouped the two posts together!! It's infectious!

LOL!!! Casey and I go together well when the brainstorming starts.

All this talk of baby dragon toes is making me want to make a roombox for my much beloved SIL who adores dragons of all types, but especially baby dragons. Her favorite author is Anne McCaffrey (also one of my all time faves) and since Michael's is getting more and more varieties of dragons in their inventory, making a dragon weyr for her would be so much fun. She'd go absolutely bonkers for it. A sugarplum or a primrose would be just right for that. And tons of paperclay. Hmmm........<wandering off muttering to myself and making a mental list>

• Like 1

Deb, I have a momma and baby dragon at the bottom of my castle in a cave like structure. There is a shelf on one side with a picture of daddy dragon... He is off somewhere having a good time, while mom stays home with the baby... Typical...

• Like 1

Deb, I have a momma and baby dragon at the bottom of my castle in a cave like structure. There is a shelf on one side with a picture of daddy dragon... He is off somewhere having a good time, while mom stays home with the baby... Typical...

Aw, it's still nice of Mama Dragon to keep a picture of him around for Junior so he knows what his dad looks like.

Daddy D is propbably off catching unsuspecting maidens to bring home for dinner,

Well of all the nerve! That's a little brazen of him, even for a dragon. Oh wait. You mean he's bringing her home as the main course, not as a guest. Okay, that changes everything. <Emily Latella smile> Never rmind.

hehehehehehehehehehehehehe Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Maidens are probably more tender than those tough knights...plus they don't come in a tin can... :bigwink:

So I guess that means that Hormel won't be releasing the "Sacrificial Maiden in a Can" this year?

Alright! That's enough!

I go into town to do some shopping and when I come back, I find that all of you have run amok! Can't leave this rowdy bunch unattended for long. Now for the real story.

Daddy dragon works very hard! He is, at present, working in the castle kitchen.. They have built an anex outside, next to the oven... He huffs and puffs to keep it the right temperature to bake the bread and roast the beast... No maidens are involved!

• Like 1

Alright! That's enough!

I go into town to do some shopping and when I come back, I find that all of you have run amok! Can't leave this rowdy bunch unattended for long. Now for the real story.

<hanging head and scuffing toe in the dirt> But, but, but..........running amok is what we do best! LOL!!! Daddy Dragon gets extra points for being such a good provider even when working such a tedious job. I always assume the worst about dragons after the suspicious circumstances surrounding the death of Emma, my wizard's wife. <whispering> He doesn't like to talk about it but he keeps her ashes in an urn on the mantle and a fire extinguisher in the dragon's weyr. :velho: Perhaps it depends on the dragon's disposition. My green dragon is pretty mellow and just hangs out in the cemetery, but Phideau is a red dragon and he's grumpy.

Tessie's favorite dragon, Herman, has become tame. He sits on his stump on our bathroom sink. It could be because I humiliated him by making his job taking care of my favorite jewelry. He has rings hanging over his horns and necklaces around his neck. So far, no earrings. Tessie sneaks in sometimes and pulls off all of the jewelry. Then she proceeds to wherever I am working and circles around my head. They always make sure that they are not within my reach. It's like having a huge fly, with a passenger, buzzing around my head. What's even worse, I go in the bathroom later and Herman is always in his proper place... With the jewelry right where I left it. The only difference is the satisfied grin on his face and Tessie peeking out from behind the stump giggling...

• Like 1

As often as we run amok, it won't be long before we're at it again and we'll drag you off into the middle of it Casey. hehehehehehe Debra, I had such a silly visual of you trying to type with your elbow in a cereal bowl that it had me chuckling all morning. Milk and cereal is still better than wet paint or glue, not that you'd ever have put your elbow in either of those. I know I haven't. Well, not lately anyway.

We just got back from going to check out the local Radio Shack and were pleasantly surprised that it's also a hobby shop! Yay!! They had a very small section of Woodland Scenics but they told me they can get whatever I want if I give them an order. Since I think I still have my catalog, that'll work out nicely. Best of all, they have entire racks of brass, steel, and copper in sheets, rods, dowels, tubes, ovals, teatdrops.........you name it. I was in heaven! Then I discovered the roll of copper wire on the wall. So FYI for steampunkers looking for copper wire, Radio Shack has the lovely 17 gauge that works so well in miniature. A 25 foot roll was only ten bucks so that's definitely affordable. Of course they also have fuses and all sorts of electronic gadgetry that has tons of steampunk potential. It was a lot of fun and we made two new friends after sitting and chatting with the guys who work there for almost an hour.

Clockwork clocks and watches are getting harder and harder to find in this day of digital everything. I've had better luck finding clocks than watches and even some of the clocks are all plastic guts, but some metallic paint fixes that right up. I have discovered that plastic gears can be painted and it's hard to tell them apart from the metal ones.

Bruce is making a stomp box this afternoon and raiding my steampunk supplies. We may have another convert.