Personality pictures

Selkie

Kat, you naggy and bossy? I don't think so. I never, ever got that message! Sweet, understanding, intelligent -- stop blushing -- and talented (or you wouldn't be here)!

I am so glad I found this place (who knew? Thanks, Selkie!!!) -- I've been laughing myself silly for the past hour ever since I saw Debra's photos, which led me to the others, and my sides still hurt!!!

• Like 2

<chuckling> This is fun. It's kinda like a Cozmo quiz except it doesn't leave you feeling bad about your life and in need of scarfing down half a gallon of Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey. hehehehehehehe

• Like 2

O-o-o-o-o ..... I love how this is working.

Learning things about ourselves that we never really articulated.

Plus - it's wicked FUN :bouncesmile:

Puffs of glitter, huh? woooooooooo I never knew this was possible. I quite relieved to find this out, you know. It takes the burden of bottom burps right off me !!!!

Hoo boy do I ID with the Mama Bear pics. I'm that bear about my kiddos - big time !!!!!!

• Like 1

Did you know that with the help of a "my pretty pony" unicorn, a cotton ball, some spray starch, an awl, a little glue, and some scented glitter pens, you too can make a unicorn that farts glitter? Just use the awl to poke a little hole under its tail (pretty ponies are not anatomically correct), twist and pull the cotton ball into the shape of a tornado and glue it into the hole, then spray it with starch and use the glitter pens to make it all colorful and pretty smelling after the starch dries. Not that I would have ever done such a thing myself and I certainly would never have presented it to a friend as a gift, but I've heard of such things being done. <wicked grin> The scented glitter pens give it that extra special touch that shows you care.

Wanna know what I look like when I'm feeling funny?

post-329-0-21970300-1401196392_thumb.jpg

<cackle> Seriously, that's sometimes what I look like. That's my first cousin Stub who was a comedian for the Baldknobbers and Ozark Country Jubilee in Branson, MO for over fifty years. His dad and my dad were brothers and there is a family resemblance which is disturbing on so many levels, but I'll not deny it.

• Like 3

Rackey, do a Google search for a character... BUT click on images at the top of your screen. You'll get such a wide range (and there's usually a "See More" link at the bottom) that you just might find something. If not, change the search term(s).

Can you all just imagine for a moment (or three) all of us meeting for a spa weekend somewhere? OMG, I don't think we'd ever stop laughing, while indulging ourselves silly -- just feeling the stress ooze out of our pores. Wow! That alone would be something we could talk about for years -- definitely would need another forum topic for that!

• Like 1

Can you all just imagine for a moment (or three) all of us meeting for a spa weekend somewhere? OMG, I don't think we'd ever stop laughing, while indulging ourselves silly -- just feeling the stress ooze out of our pores. Wow! That alone would be something we could talk about for years -- definitely would need another forum topic for that!

Love your thinking Sandy.

What if we were all super healthy and wealthy enough that we could take off a year from work and afford an around the world tour. We could visit all each and every one of our homes, workshops, studios, great local eateries and thrift shops, and whatever else is cool in every local area. We could troop around for a year or so and do nothing but admire and drool over each others builds, assist with problems, laugh and cajole one another and so much more. No cares in the world except everything crafty and creative. We could enjoy all the other crafts we all do too like quilting, knitting, beading, painting and so on.

Wow - Sandy, you really got my mind flying - and here I'm supposed to be working right now. Yikes - OK - 5 more minutes on the forum and then I gotta get back to work - really gotta.

This is how my family sees me:post-2682-0-40810000-1401200787_thumb.jppost-2682-0-64852100-1401200879_thumb.jppost-2682-0-64943800-1401200919_thumb.jppost-2682-0-33169400-1401200945_thumb.jppost-2682-0-52044800-1401200968_thumb.jppost-2682-0-10395800-1401201306_thumb.jppost-2682-0-17443700-1401201327_thumb.jp

Get the picture! This is why I have no free time for my minis anymore!

This is how I see myself: Well, not the cigarette part.

post-2682-0-95869900-1401201560_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Oh, Paula, after wearing so many hats for your family, I can certainly see what you mean. What a great picture (the cat)! Now, do you want to tell us how you really feel? Grrr! I'm staying out of your way until you de-frizz!!!

I'm surprised that no one picked up my spa idea. I think we all need (and deserve) something like that to unwind -- yup, absolutely together with the Zanax or Prozac or whatever, lots of wine and chocolate, and laughter. What a way to let it all hang out -- without a worry about anyone being critical 'cause we'll all look horrendous, so who cares? I know many of us can't travel. Maybe we can just start a new topic and mentally veg out there. Wait. I think that's what we're doing right here!!! Except that we need to hide from our familes. Oops!

For many years I have dreamed about winning the lottery and inviting all of my friends on a cruise. Imagine the mini vacation we could have on a cruise ship :) A spa day, mini classes, who knows?

I am LOVING these personality pics. Great stuff you guys!

Having a rough morning at our house - checked in here to escape for a minute and have found myself chuckling. Thanks for the uplift. I re-e-e-e-eally needed it.

Keep them coming.

PS. Paula, I'm with you in the kitty picture this morning.

PS. Heidi, I think the tights are adorable !!!!!

PS. Holly, I hope your DH is certain there is always coffee in the house !!!!! We were out of it here this morning :mad:

• Like 1

...PS. Holly, I hope your DH is certain there is always coffee in the house !!!!! We were out of it here this morning :mad:

Every time Publix has a BOGO or 2fer on coffee we stock up; I counted seven unopened bags in the pantry plus the big backup can from Wally World. Like Heidi, I drink coffee for your protection!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear your day has started badly Selkie. I hope the rest of your day gets better! I get to go to another doctor appointment with my mom today ( did one yesterday too). Thank goodness for Starbuck's this morning!

I think I'm gonna break down and get one of those coffee makers that use those little pods of coffee. I sort of like the idea of choosing a different flavor for my morning coffee, based on my mood. Am I in a hazelnut frame of mind? Has anyone here tried these and, if so, would you recommend this? Better question would be, can you make strong coffee with these???

• Like 1

We got one for my granddaughter to have at college but we did not go with the name brand machine or coffee refills - too $$$'s. She liked it. We also got one for one of our sons - also not name brand and he likes his.

The only disadvantage to the ones we got is that you can't use the refillable strainers with it. We've tried several types and they just don't fit right. They might work with the name brand better. I don't know.

I also have issues with the idea of so much packaging waste with them. We did find one brand of pods that is not plastic, rather it is coffee filter fabric for the pod. The pods come in a foil re-sealable pouch. I felt a bit better about that being more recyclable.

And as for strong, yes, they have every imaginable type of roast and grind out there. One that is the name brand that will blow your socks off is called REVV. They have espresso, cider, teas, cocoas and all manner of other things besides plain old coffee that can be used in them.

Sandy, we bought a kuerig this past Christmas. We love it! There is every kind of coffee, cappuccino and tea available, even apple cider. It also works great for making a cup of tea with the tea bag . I also use it with the instant cappuccino mix and hot chocolate, the machine has hot water all the time. We also use the reusable pod for my moms coffee, since it doesn't come in the pods, Yes I would recommend, if you are a big coffee drinker, they are a little pricey, but well worth it. Also, you can save those coffee and tea grounds for mini landscaping.

Bruce is a serious coffee addict and after twelve years in the Army he claims he can drink mud if it has enough coffee grounds mixed in with it. He almost developed a taste for sand in his coffee when he was in Kuwait but he'd still rather have a little flavored creamer. He's looked at those coffee makers with a gleam of longing in his eyes but has always balked at the price saying that coffee is coffee and he doesn't need anything fancy. But I think that for his bday in August, that's probably what I'm going to get for him. He deserves to be spoiled a little bit when it comes to his morning cup. Or should I say half gallon. He drinks about a third of a pot at once. Do the Kuerig/look-alikes make large quantities or just one mug sized cup at a time?

Sometimes I wish I still had my Dad's old percolator. I learned how to make coffee with that thing on the stove and despite the fact that I'm not a coffee drinker, I do like the smell. There was something about those old percolators that would waft the scent of morning coffee all thru the house.

• Like 2

They are all single cup servings. That is supposed to be the big deal about them so you always have a fresh cup - no old bottom of the pot burnt taste.

I am not a photo poster yet,but I am still comparatively new here(1 year)and I look at a lot of past forum posts (and I mean a lot that are from years and years ago!) and now it makes more sense why so many of them will mention a photo of something they've built,bought,etc. and,well,nothing's there-no photo. I am assuming from what you are saying,Selkie,that they deleted the photo to raise their attachment allowance.

I am guilty of that. I didn't realize when I first joined that there was a limit to the photos we could put in the threads. So when I hit my limit, I went back through and deleted quite a few of them that didn't really need to be there. I now try to put most of them in my Gallery, and then link to the photo, or to the whole album.

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone, for your reviews of these single-serving coffee makers -- and the coffee itself. The last thing I need to consider is that we all drink iced coffee -- and that in a 12-oz. glass at that. No question that I can brew 2 cups to make up that amount of coffee, but need to decide about the fact that it's gonna be an expensive proposition. The coffee maker alone isn't a low-priced item either -- they run well over $100, and I've seen them for half again as much, I'm sure. Then, of course, there's the coffee itself. Where do you buy the coffee? I guess I didn't really look when I was in the supermarket last (Publix or Bi-Lo here in TN) so I don't know. I really wouldn't want to have to go to Bed, Bath & Beyond just for coffee!

CJ, I definitely think you need some more coffee!!! Maybe a lot of coffee? Either that or you're being much too hard on yourself!

• Like 1