Constructing the Lily Siding

The strips go on one at a time. My method which probably is not the best but it worked, since I can't draw a straight line even with a ruler (and even trying a laser beam) I finally gave up and took one of the pieces and carefully broke it in half to use as guide. I placed glue on a strip (I used tacky glue) put it on the house and for the next row I would use my guide to place the next row after about 4-5 rows I would place a flat piece of wood or cardboard against those rows and clamp them till they set then move on to the next set of rows. Since I have already place my windows in I had to measure around and cut . But I had not put the doors in (the front ones are still waiting to be installed, that's what's holding up my progress) I just put the strips over them and later cut them out. Worked pretty good cause the strips came out whole and was able to use between the windows and the edge of the house.

If this doesn't make sense let me know and I will try to explain better or hopefully someone else has better ideas. Please keep in mind, this is the first time I've done this.

I have pictures on my webshot page after they were put on. But sorry no pixs got taken while I was doing it.

Where are you in the construction of your house? I know you've had trouble with the porch for a while, I remember you posting on the old forum. I will start the porch and center roof as soon as I can convince my hubby to take the time to install my front doors.

Peggi