I got published in Dollhouse Miniatures Magazine!

Creamcheese

My 15 minutes of fame! I just checked out www.thecraftycloud.com website which is mentioned on page 52 of Dollhouse Miniatures Magazine. It seems you can download specific articles or issues so you may want to take a look at that site. I'm not sure if there is a cost to do this but it is worth looking into. It seems that most newsstands do not carry this magazine. You could also call their toll free# which is 1-866-606-6587 to ask about getting a copy or subscribing.

Well, guess what? I'm still floating on cloud nine today! Thanks for all of your positive comments! No wonder I love this forum!

Have a wonderful day today!

Susan

Susan, I'm just over the moon for you! Isn't it just the grandest feeling ever? You should be on cloud 9 and stay there for awhile. In fact, do two things..........go buy a frame to put your magazine in because it deserves to hang on the wall in a place of pride; and buy something very special for yourself to celebrate, like a small piece of jewelry or a special mini. That little token will remind you of your special day every time you see it. Start a charm bracelet coz now that you've begun, you'll definitely be doing more. Congratulations on your first magazine!

• Like 1

Wow! Every day since I posted my news I have been receiving the best emails from this forum. I have been getting lots of great responses from my friends too so this wondrous feeling continues. I'm still floating on cloud nine these days! Great idea too to frame a copy. Thanks, everyone!

• Like 1

Well, I just had to see the article so I ended up subscribing to it again. But I got it through the NOOK app from Barnes and Noble. Still can't download it but it's much easier to manipulate in the NOOK format. The website kept changing on me and it was hard to find a page number - besides freezing twice so I had to start over. Anyhow, it's a great article :)

I really appreciate all of your comments so thanks again! :) Since Eddie and Larry, my other two dogs were not included in my published photo as Franny and Zoey were......I am already thinking about another tutorial that I may submit so that Eddie and Larry can be celebrities too! I don't want them to feel neglected!!!!!! Right now though I am just enjoying this wonderful feeling and it is so nice to hear that many of you are so interested in reading my article. I am still amazed that this happened!

Unless any of your dogs has learned to read I doubt very much that any of them care... it's their mom who is the celebrity, after all. Although doing another tutorial sounds like a terrific idea.

I am so appreciative of all of your comments so once again, thank you to each and every one of you. This forum is the best for encouragement and for sharing so much in this magical miniature world. Right now I just started making some curtains for my Garfield and as soon as I have a few more completed I will post some new photos to my gallery so look for them soon (I hope!).

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got this month's DHM mag, Susan, and I just wanted to come back to say congrats again. It's an excellent article and I'll be using it in my newest project for certain because it's very door-heavy and I'm very patience-with-hinges-light. :)

I am so glad that my little tutorial will be helpful! I cringed when I saw how many doors were in the Garfield kit and dreaded putting in the doors until I discovered that there is an alternative. Either buying the doors or making your own and pin hinging them is certainly a much easier method....at least for me!

Thanks for letting me know!

• Like 1

I've seen pin-hinges on purchased cabinets and doors, but I never could quite figure out how they were made. I figured it was some mini-factory secret. :)

So now that you've let the secret out, and I've set myself such a difficult task for my next project with a wall of folding doors (plus a few other doors, all custom-made), I am raring to go instead of dreading taking on my own ambitious plan! Yay!

Thank you and yes, I am still beaming with having accomplished this! I actually had to look up where Toogoolawah is located so a big welcome to you all the way over to Australia!