I got published in Dollhouse Miniatures Magazine!

Creamcheese

I could hardly contain my excitement today and just wanted to share my news with the GL community! I just got published in the latest issue of Dollhouse Miniatures Magazine. It is their Issue 39 for May/June 2014 and my article is on pages 81 and 82. I found out that they accepted my tutorial on dollhouse door making and pin hinging on 3/18/14 so I have been anxiously awaiting getting this issue. When I opened my mailbox today.....there it was so I could hardly wait to look at it. I wondered if they were going to include the photo of me with 2 of my dogs and they did! They did reverse it and enlarge the part of me with Franny and Zoey. When I submitted my photos they asked for a "head shot" and that was the one I submitted....taking a break from my dollhouse building (I said!). Now Franny and Zoey are famous!

This is so exciting for me and I could hardly wait to share this with you today! Also, the last photo has 2 of Wolfie's aka Georgina Kendrick's exquisite dolls in it that I bought recently. They will make fine additions to my Garfield if I ever get it finished.

I am on cloud nine! Since I'm so new to this wonderful world I still am in disbelief that I am in their magazine. Much of my support and enthusiasm has come from the GL community.

Susan aka Creamcheese! :)

• Like 13

Congratulations. Glad to have another GL family member famous.

I'll have to see if I can find that magazine somewhere. I used to get it years ago but haven't gotten any subscriptions for ages.

• Like 1

Congratulations :) Now I'll have to see if I can find the magazine. I don't subscribe to any printed dh publications, only the online ones.

So, the online one is different from the printed one? I didn't realize that. I knew they had online tutorials and so on but I assumed the magazine was the same either way. Hm-m-m.

Selkie, I think the online one is the same, but it's cheaper and doesn't take up space. But I quit subscribing to it when I realized I couldn't do more than look at it online. Couldn't download or anything. I've just been browsing through their website and I see a Nook subscription so I'm signing up for that. At least I can download that to my notebook computer and KEEP it!

Congratulations, Susan. I am so very happy for you. It is not easy by any stretch of the imagination to get published in a magazine, as most of them receive a lot of submissions and are very, very selective in what they choose to print. So you deserve to be on Cloud 9. Please extend my congratulations to Franny and Zoey as well.

Thank you, everyone! Honestly, this has been such an amazing day. It's even better then the lunar eclipse that we watched earlier in the week so being on cloud nine all day is a wonderful place to spend the day! Apparently there are ways to view the issue online. A friend of mine subscribed through her iPad for this issue and sent me the article and all the pages where my name or letters were posted in this issue. I sure appreciate all of your comments and hope that those that are trying to find this issue are successful. I also shared with Franny and Zoey all of your comments!

Susan :)

• Like 1

I read that article and didn't know it was you, congrats, such a thrill to be part of dollhouse history as that article will be seen in back issues, etc for decades to come. Great tutorial too, and cute picture:-)