Grass?

GirlPiper

I did a quick google search on pot toppers and came up with some that are Moss pot toppers, and that is a whole different thing. The pot toppers I'm referring too are not moss. They look like this. Just an fyi. I'm still looking for an online source.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I really like the pot toppers wild look. I haven't tried that before. I did try the old coffee grounds and green modeling lycopodium glued to a base before. It wasn't all that realistic, more of a suggestion of really flat grass. REALLY FLAT. Sooo, next time I will try something else :)

I recently landscaped the Rosedale and used a Lemax grass sheet that I got on clearance at Michaels last winter. The grass sluffed off terribly and I ended up supplementing with model grass in a shaker jar. (Didn't have this problem the last time I used a Lemax sheet, so maybe this one was just a bad egg.)

It's not perfect but turned out okay. I posted blogs about the grass here and here.

I've been wanting to check Michaels for the pot toppers but haven't had a chance yet. That stuff looks great, I'd love to use it in a future project.

• Like 1

I went to my local Michael's last weekend and they only had the moss pot toppers which is just sphagnum moss, not the fine pretty stuff featured above...the stock in this area was pretty sparse, so I am not sure if they don't carry it or just didn't have it that day...

Thanks for posting the link on the grass blog--your Rosedale bash looks great!

Tappy