New Member in search

Hi my name is Laura and while cleaning out the storage building for my mother yesterday my husband and I found a Artply Dollhouse kit that my father had purchased with the intent of putting it together for me almost 25 years ago. My father passed away April 2nd and finding this was a real surprise. :) My dad was legally blind and upon opening the box figured out the detail was too small for him to put it all together and instead of telling me he hid it in the attic of the storage building. My problem is there were no instructions in the box. I have no clue where to begin to find instructions but would love to put it together for my 9 year old niece.....I think my dad would have loved for her to have it now that im 29 and have no children of my own. Can anyone help me???? Its The Allison Wood dollhouse kit made by the Artply company. I would appreciate any help.

Welcome to the forum kiwinrabbit!! What a wonderful discovery! I personally don't have that house but, I know several members here does have it so maybe one of them can copy the instructions for you.

So you think 29 is too old for dollhouses LOL. Most of us are over 30 here LOL.

Thanks for stopping by and please stay in touch!

I have the allison and if you want I can try and coppy them and send them to you

snail mail or e-mail.... whichever

I am building this house for 2 of my great-neices for Christmas. you can see the first 2 photos of the house painted and dry fitted together.

in my houses under construction album on the first webshots album.

nutti :)

Laura what a great find. This would have made me cry to find something like that from one of my parents. It makes it extra special.

Nutti when I looked at your webshots under construction I didn't see the Allison, I saw the Adams are they the same?

Peggi

I have the allison and if you want I can try and coppy them and send them to you

snail mail or e-mail.... whichever

I am building this house for 2 of my great-neices for Christmas. you can see the first 2 photos of the house painted and dry fitted together.

in my houses under construction album on the first webshots album.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would love it if you could email me the instructions my address is Kiwibelle_2000@yahoo.com

Im kinda excited about getting started on the project and its not that I think im too old to have a dollhouse but i thought it would make a good gift for my niece to have. Never know i might get hooked and make this a new hobby to add to the many i have allready lol :) Thank you all for your comments and help I may need more before its all over

:) Oh Nutti Thank you so much for those photos.... I finally got to look at them and now Im twice as excited. Cant wait to get some instructions wohooo. I did somewhat of a dryfit of some of it (think thats what it is called) to get a general idea of how big and the look of it yesterday. Then I sat and cried for awhile then i cleared off the table in my husbands workshop and declared it mine until the project was done :)

By the way what do you use to hold it together?....wood glue is what we were thinking but I told him i would ask the experts first lol

I use Aileens tacky glue from the craft section of wal-mart.

not that Im an expert. I like to use masking tape to hold things in place while the glue dries.

if you have the shell together than why dont you prime and paint it and do your floors and ceilings.

the delay in the instructions is....My hubby packed my miniatures while I was picking up my gran when she came down to recuporate and the grandbaby and mother who was staying here also Im not sure where they have put the box...but Im on it. :huh:

I think if your dad got this wonderful kit for you you should build it for yourself to enjoy and treasure and build the next house for the neice.

just IMHO.

ok Im gonna have go looking for them.

ok I have retrieved the instructions. problem with getting the scanner

cannot e-mail but if you will privatly send me the snail mail Ill get them out to you.

the scanner lets me copy but wont save?? I dunno maybe not holding my tounge just right! :)

What a great story (and find)!!!

My dad and I got into dollhouse building together when I was 29. I asked for the Beacon Hill kit for my 29th birthday present and then we (mostly HE) put it together for me.

Since then we have built a log cabin, an old western saloon/bordelo, the shell of a general store, several roomboxes, and now am building a Brookwood.

Dollhouses are like potato chips..you can't have just one!!!

My husband has been transferred again and I am about to move from Texas back to Colorado and the only thing I am worried about are my dollhouses. I've even taken out insurance on them...

Welcome!

Kathy in TX

soon to be CO

Hello and welcome, Laura!! I'm so excited for you that you found that house after all this time! I think it will make a wonderful gift for your niece. And not to worry, I have no doubt you'll be addicted to this hobby after you're finished with it. One house is all it takes! :) Have fun with it and don't forget to take pictures to share with us.

hey Laura, just to let you know...the instructions are on their way.

I mailed them yesterday. I hope you have a great time doing this .

I am excited about seeing it come together.

My husband has been transferred again and I am about to move from Texas back to Colorado and the only thing I am worried about are my dollhouses.  I've even taken out insurance on them...

Hey Kathy! What part of CO are you headed for? I live just outside of Denver. Maybe we can hook-up someday and do lunch and a trip to Norms Dollhouse! :):)

Hi! That's a pretty neat dollhouse history story! I agree with Nutti, knowing that this dollhouse was picked out for you by your father, I would probably keep it. On the other hand, I'm sure that your niece would get a lot of use out of it. Anyway, I'm glad she was able to get you those instructions. I would love to see pictures of your dollhouse coming together. Let us know if you have questions! With all of the experience on this board, we're sure to be able to help you out! :)

:D B) :D THANK YOU NUTTI~!!~~!!~~!! I got my instructions and boy im twice as excited. The niece is SUPER excited she has even found a jacuzzi for the dollhouse an a miniture website :lol: I love her excitement. Today we found some picket fencing at Jo Ann Fabrics Craft store and some small wooden flower pots to paint and put flowers in. We got some glue as well and this week starts the sanding and priming. As for floors and walls Im not sure how to go about that but Im seeking and learning as I go.

BY the way..........Furniture is a big thing I have found and im interested in making some of my own but not sure where to start anybody got any hints??? Wait I will just start another entry about the furniture and makin it wohooo yall have created a monster with all those pictures of cuteness!!! see ya in the other post about furniture im sure and thanks for everyones help!!!

B) Im smilng at your enthusiasim! :D

I feel that way everytime I find a new aspect of this hobby. or I really should say

addiction. it really is addicting to make something come from nothing.

I love kits because they give direction and inspire you to think of more!

I am so looking forward to seeing the fruits of your enthusiasm.

I will be returning to The Allison after Halloween is over.

I am in the midst of a Westville but hope to soon start my Haunted house display.

have fun...and I know you will. :D

nutti :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Belated welcome, Laura, I've been on the road with DH & just got back & trying to catch up on what I've missed.

Most of us are over 30 here

Some of us are over 60. By all means counter any efforts anyone tries with your niece when she hits her teens to make her think she's too old to play with dollhouses & miniatures.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 32 and I am almost to the point of construcing my first dollhouse. After purchasing all the little tools (mitre box, saw, various knives and today clamps! On to gluing!), I feel as if I must build another house or trailer or fire station to justify purchase of said tools. That and it's lotsa fun!

It's great that you found such a treasure from your father and keeping it in the family - giving your neice something from both you and your dad - is really very special. I hope enjoy working on it and we'd all love to see the pix.

Hi! I saw your comment about furniture...I have found a lot of great books on miniatures at my local library. The books range from how to make simple upholstered items, to very complex detailed wood pieces. I have also found neat things at my local dollar stores. I have a "Tiffany" dollhouse that has very small rooms, and the smaller scale dollar store items fit well in it. Usually the beds are too small (I think most of the items may be 1/16th scale), but some of the tables, dining chairs, dressers and "Victorian" living room pieces are big enough so that they don't look too off scale. Purchases at regular miniature shops are a treat for me since they are usually rather pricey! But some stores have clearance sections that are worth checking out! Good luck!

Sorry, no pictures of the "Tiff"! I am seriously low-tech--I don't have a digital camera, or a computer at home! Usually I just surf the web on my lunch break at work. This is the first web-thingy that I have participated in! It has been a busy week, but I am going to try to get my new member intro out there today!