Spring Fling?

This might not mean anything, but... I was looking in the Greenleaf store and a lot of previous spring fling components are marked as on sale. They might have been that way for a while, but this is the first I've noticed since last year. Maybe another sign it's coming soon??

Unfortunately it does say this at the top of the page of the "sale" items.

Past Spring Flings

Have you missed out on a previous Greenleaf Spring Fling? Well here's your chance to grab one at a huge discount! In celebration of the launch of our Six Annual Spring Fling, all past kits are on sale until April 10, 2012.

Yes, I notice they have been on sale a long time...kind of a comfort to know you can always go back and get components for any SF UFOs! I also noticed the Founding Father's Day Sale is still showing from...well, not sure when, it just says to order by Sunday at midnight!

Got an email today for a discount on the HBS Creatin Contest kit...I am holding out for the Fling! I figure if I am going to buy a kit and not finish it, it has to be a GL SF kit--why break tradition?!...Besides, the HBS kit is cute, but hasn't said a word to me!

Tappy

Got an email today for a discount on the HBS Creatin Contest kit...I am holding out for the Fling! I figure if I am going to buy a kit and not finish it, it has to be a GL SF kit--why break tradition?!...Besides, the HBS kit is cute, but hasn't said a word to me!

Tappy

I got that email, too, and that kit has been whispering to me for weeks—so I jumped right in and grabbed it with Ernie's little "prompt" this morning.

So now that I'm committed... should I hope that the Spring Fling happens and overcommits me, or not? :D

Oh, yes, definitely hope for overcommitment!! Isn't two always supposed to be better than one?! And who knows, they could wind up making it into one spectacular combined bash that could go in both contests?! Or are you not allowed to do that?!

Tappy

• Like 1

Oh, yes, definitely hope for overcommitment!! Isn't two always supposed to be better than one?! And who knows, they could wind up making it into one spectacular combined bash that could go in both contests?! Or are you not allowed to do that?!

Tappy

Hee hee—the last time I entered, I actually did use both the Spring Fling kit and the Creatin' Contest kit, in a street scene that all went together. Then I had to take a couple of years off from contests, I was so exhausted! But the HBS kit that's on its way to me now has spoken, and it has more reasonable demands—so I don't think I'll have to turn the world upside down for it, even if there's a Spring Fling kit that really insists on my tackling it as well.

Ladies and gentlemen, methinks it's not gonna happen.

Sorry, this is your reality check.

June 21 is coming up quickly.

When it's officially Summer = no Spring Fling.

The reality check in New Jersey, and in many other areas is that we are not even going to have much of a spring, much less a spring fling. It is cold in the mornings, and the rain makes everything damp, as it is more of a cold rain than a spring shower here and there. By the time it warms up, we will go right into the 90 degree heat and humidity of the summer.

But the sun is peaking through the clouds, so all is not lost. So keep building your kits and spread a little sunshine where you can.

June 21st is six long full weeks from now. There is no need to think a SPRING fling will never happen. And honestly, I don't care what kind of fling it is, I just want to FLING! For fun.

Seriously...if no fling were in the stages of being announced we would have been told by now. Don't you think? Remember last year? When the fling finally got here it was a best ever year for an amazing kit with all kinds of great options. We had a LOT of fun :)

Well I don't Fling except vicariously through my friends here, but I do feel bad for you all that are waiting so anxiously. I hope you get word one way or another soon. Maybe a little Mothers Day surprise ;-)

• Like 1

Well I don't Fling except vicariously through my friends here, but I do feel bad for you all that are waiting so anxiously. I hope you get word one way or another soon. Maybe a little Mothers Day surprise ;-)

Have you been chatting with my DH? He told me Friday night that it should be announced on Mother's Day. Unfortunately, I don't think Greenleaf is open tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I don't think Greenleaf is open tomorrow.

These things can be set to post at a set time, Morgan ... don't forget, we live in the age of ever-advancing technology! Who knows -- the timer may be counting down even as we wait. (Although it's already past 5 am here in the Heartland, and no sign of an announcement. *sigh* )

• Like 2

I thought for sure it would be sometime this week. Maybe next week it will finally get here. It must really be extra special this year since it is taking so long.