Spring Fling?

Aww...Selkie, I'm sorry you're so tired. Just relax. The rest of us will handle the excitement. You save your energy for Flinging :)

It's easy to have good intentions before the real excitement starts. I gave up in 2011 when I realized the Fling pretty much owns me :) Until then, I am 'Buttercupping' :) Half scale that is...

Hmmm...without a hint or bit of info on the timeline--even if it is vague--from GL or the GL Mods Squad, it is difficult to decide if the excitement should be channeled elsewhere in the short-term or longish-short term? (Like cleaning the craft area and sorting through box of miscellaneous minis--though this takes more than excitement to get started for sure!)... It is hard for some of us A-D-D folks to maintain focus on anything, let alone focus on something not quite yet there?! It is kinda like being a kid waiting for Santa on December 27th (when he didn't make on Christmas)?!...not sure when he is going to show up?! But still believing he is coming some day!

With Sincere-yet-controlled SF Enthusiasm,

Tappy

• Like 3

still waiting excitedly to see what Greenleaf has planned! I still really want to enter but I tripped while taking my grandmother to the supermarket today and fractured my left elbow so I'll be attempting to compete 'single handed' :)

Sam! That was not a good thing to do! Are you a right hander or left? Either way, it will be difficult. I hope it heals fast! Maybe Holly can give you some tips on how to work with it. Get well soon.

You learn real quick what not to move and how to move what doesn't hurt. It was quite a few days before I could use a pencil or a craft knife, but I learned to move my arm from the shoulder. Actually the first time I broke my elbow was on my way to take my first-ever final for the first class I was taking for Nursing school, and my professor didn't think it was broken and got me an icebag to rest it on whilst I wrote my exam; it was when I woke up from having three lumps removed from the right breast a week later that I noticed the middle of my arm was black, blue, purple, green and yellow (and it wasn't Mardi Gras). I showed it to my regular doctor and he whipped me back to the Xray room and lo and behold, there was the compression fracture on what used to be the end of my radius. We decided it had been long enough not to bother with a cast. I got the cast the second time I fell and broke it (tripping over a tree root in the front yard just before I was to leave for work). When he removed the cast he carefully cut it in half lengthwise and told me to keep the lower half "in case I decided to break my elbow again" (he was an old poop, but an excellent doctor), so I did and I did and I wore the half cast with an ACE wrap.

Thanks everyone :) fortunately it was my left elbow and I'm right handed, and it's a pretty small fracture so I'm not in any real pain - just getting a little bored - but my 1/4 GL village arrived today so that's going to be fun :)

Holly - ouch! that sounds so painful, glad you could still work on your minis!

I know we need to be patient, but I got this song going through my head, and I thought if I shared it, it would help get it out of my system. Please feel free to sing along or ignore me. I will be fine with your decision either way. - Here's the song:

Here comes Peter Cottontail

Hoppin’ down the mini trail.

Hippity, hoppity, the Spring Fling’s on its way.

Bringin’ kits to everyone;

Miniaturists will have so much fun

Deciding what their kit will be today.

Will it be a Santa village
Or perhaps an Easter shop,
A cottage or a cabin
On a mini mountain top.

(Everyone sing)

Oh! Here comes Peter Cottontail

Here comes Peter Cottontail,
Hoppin' down the mini trail,
Look at him stop, and listen to him say:

"Be good to the Greenleaf folks,
Be good eggs with no bad yokes,”
Then they may announce the contest rules today.

You'll wake up some fine morning
And look on Greenleaf’s website.
You will find that when you least expect it
The Spring Fling will make things nice and bright.

(All together now)

Oh! Here comes Peter Cottontail

• Like 4

Wow! Broken bones,hippity hoppity songs,confusion all around....I'm pretty sure that we're gonna have a '14 Fling...we just don't know when.....I s'pose we could start a pool on the announcement date, OR we could just drive each other nuts with daily debates...actually that sounds like more fun. Ok, I think we'll know by Memorial Day.. :banana:

• Like 2

.....I s'pose we could start a pool on the announcement date, OR we could just drive each other nuts with daily debates...actually that sounds like more fun. Ok, I think we'll know by Memorial Day.. :banana:

How about Mother's Day?! I went back through my emails and found last year's SF was announced 5/8/2013!

Let the guessing begin (well, continue!!)

Tappy

Oh am I sooo in for the driving each other nuts part ;) need som fling-ling to keep life less "grumpy-serious"!

Hugs

Driving each other nuts comes naturally for me. It's a built-in defense to my own grumpiness.

As for the tentative pool we started, I say the Spring Fling will be announded on Monday, May 5. It may be wishful thinking, but it is also a feeling I have.