Spring Fling?

Really? I recall an avatar with a bright yellow hat. Or are Deborah and I both hallucinating?

I just went through the album with pictures including me wearing hats and none of them yellow, but you'll notice in the picture I posted above I'm wearing a yellow shirt, and I think I did use that for an avatar, briefly.

:fishing1: :fishing1:No, what we need is carpenters aprons, the kind that tie behind your necks and had lots of pockets, so we can keep our tools and bits and pieces together and a fishing hat that we can hang our needles, pins and wires from..

• Like 1

Actually, Peggi, back when you were making the Greenleaf ID badges for us to wear to mini shows, someone here had designed a builders' logo and made up short & long sleeved teeshirts and shop aprons; the first time you & I went to the Atlanta miniature show in Sept KathieB and Gayle were wearing them. Later I did a swap with whoever it was and got one of each in return; and I'm furious with myself that I cannot make me remember who it was!

Holly, using wrong browser right now to quote, but did a search in the Current Miniature section and found where Anne made the T-shirts and Tracy made the aprons that they wore to a Rik Pierce class in 2006.

I'm suddenly picturing an elaborate hat with a 1/2 or 1/4 scale dollhouse built on it... perhaps my next Halloween costume? :)

and on another note I found out today that my training date was pushed back 2 weeks so I might just be able to put together a decent Spring Fling entry after all :D

• Like 3

Wonder if Deb is still laughing under her pillow?

<muffled voice> Yeth.

<pulling head out from under pillow and smoothing my hair> Oh! I'm missing my tiara!! <diving back under the pillow to find it> Nope, not there. <rushing to the closet and searching thru boxes and stacks of hats> Great. What a time to misplace my tiara just when I need it most. <digging around in a box> Okay, I found a sun visor and if I turn it upside down and bejewel it, it'll suffice.

<pausing to read thru the thread> Y'all are nuts. <snickering>

Naw, they're probably having a good chuckle in the coffee break room watching us whip ourselves into a froth of anticipation.

Dean gets a kick out of our excitement every year but it's far from a marketing strategy and this time of year they seldom spend much time in the break room. They work as hard as they can to get the Fling ready for us (the dollhouse division is just one part of GL SRD so they have a lot on their plate on any given day) and they hate to keep us waiting; they really do. But at the end of a hard 16 hour day, when he's stressed out and tired, you have to know that Dean loves seeing our excitement and energy and silliness. Think how motivating that must be for him too! He knows how we get during 'Flinging Season and knowing that we have so much fun entertaining ourselves while we wait makes the whole production crew feel better. Besides, 'Flinging Season is better to us than Christmas is to little kids! Anticipation is the first part of the fun......then comes the excitement of seeing the kit.....then the design stages where everyone teases everyone else......and then the building with all the hints and mystery.....

Hmm. Now that I think about it, 'Flinging Season is better than Christmas!!!

Debra from Olde Cape Cod, on 07 Apr 2014 - 1:48 PM, said:

snapback.png

I did say "tacky", didn't I?

hehehehehehehe <choke, gasp> hehehehehehehe I can't breathe. hehehehehehehee

fishing1:No, what we need is carpenters aprons, the kind that tie behind your necks and had lots of pockets, so we can keep our tools and bits and pieces together and a fishing hat that we can hang our needles, pins and wires from..

That sounds awesome! Now I wanna see you get thru the metal detectors at the airport in that outfit. :popcorn:

• Like 1

Last night when I went to sleep, it was nice and quiet... I wake up this morning to total chaos! Am I too late for the party? Don't you people ever sleep? I don't have a tiara. Where's my best black pointy hat with all the feathers? Greenleaf, we need a new kit to play with! Can't wait!

Maybe the kit will be a castle with a make your own tiara side project included.

• Like 1

Holly, using wrong browser right now to quote, but did a search in the Current Miniature section and found where Anne made the T-shirts and Tracy made the aprons that they wore to a Rik Pierce class in 2006.

Were they Greenleaf T-shirts? If Greenleaf sold T-shirts, I would buy one. - Maybe they should have a Summer T-Shirt contest in addition to the Spring Fling.

If the Spring Fling isn't going to begin in the Spring, then my non-seasonal name suggestions are Big Bash and Fling Fest.

• Like 1

I am still rooting for a Spring Fling People's Choice award.

A problem with those type of awards is that with clique-y friendship relations they can easily become "rigged" for certain ones to "win".

• Like 2

A problem with those type of awards is that with clique-y friendship relations they can easily become "rigged" for certain ones to "win".

That is very true, and I am afraid that is what happens more often than not. Still, it would give me, a non-contestant, a way to participate in this.

Also, if we limit voting to members only, with three votes a person, that might make it fair. The rules could be that you can't vote for your own project, and you can't vote more than once for the same project. We can use an honor system when it comes to voting. I trust everyone on this site, but if it were that important to someone to cheat, so be it.

• Like 1

But in glitter!!!

Hugs :giggle:

I have scented glitter markers! Wouldn't those be pretty? We could be thsparklie and smell good all at the same time.

I have scented glitter markers! Wouldn't those be pretty? We could be thsparklie and smell good all at the same time.

Does that mean we'd all scentillate?

I hate to think there are any cliques on this forum. Aren't all of us members of one great big little family?

It was Annie (Fantail) who designed the tee shirts and sweat shirts that we bought. I wish I had some more, they are my favorites and I've almost worn them out.

This seems like the first time since I have participated (it will be the 5th year building, the 4th entering) that I haven't seen a big discussion on this topic in which everyone is getting all energetic about the fling. I kind of feel bad that I'm not jumping up and down and hollering for the fling to start NOW because I am going crazy with the wait. I just don't have the energy this year. That doesn't mean I am not waiting and ready to jump right in. I am ready. Yesterday. I have never been more serious about participating. I am grateful to Dean and the GL Team each and every year. The Dean Fling :) Also, if it weren't for the forum I wouldn't enjoy it 1/10 as much. You guys rock!