I procrastinate...

Betty

In the early 1980's we were living in Bartlesville, Oklahoma and there was a doll house shop. I wanted to build a house so bad, so my husband surprised me by buying A Greenleaf kit. I started to work on it and then my husband was transferred and we moved to Texas. The doll house was packed away (with just the base completed) and forgotten about for many years. In the meantime we moved back to Oklahoma and then back to Texas. The unfinished doll house came with us each time. In the early 90's I worked on the house again. The house has been semi-finished since then. The outside is painted, the roof completed, the inside partially painted and wallpapered, but it's been sitting that way for another 10+ years. This house is definitely a work in progress. I think I'm too much of a perfectionist and almost fear getting it completed because it might not be perfect. I have it displayed in the dining room and every year I decorate the outside for Christmas. If not one looks inside they'll never know it isn't finished. :cloud9: I'm 60 now and need to get this house completed before I die of old age. It's about time...don't you think? Anyway, I'm here! I have good intentions. Betty

Wow Betty, that's a long time to have a dollhouse around and not completed. I'm glad that you found us and hopefully all the inspiration here will get you on the road to finishing it. Good luck and don't forget to show lots of pictures.

Hey, just consider this as proof of your persistance. At least you haven't given up on it! Besides, a house is never really finished anyway. There is always one more little thing to do! Which kit do you have?

But one thing I don't understand is.... why would ya'll ever leave Texas? :cloud9:

Welcome to the Neighborhood Betty! You are 60 years young & have at least 40 more years left. They say people who never complete THERE dream house, live longer (Which is why I have not completed 2 of my own houses yet :cloud9: )

Which house do you have, do you have any pictures?

Welcome, Betty, I'll be 65 in two & a half months. Once you get into the building mode they do go together a bit faster... My first kit was the San Franciscan by Dura-Craft, which took me 3 1/2 years to build for our granddaughter.

Since I've been on the building team here, about a year and a half, I have built about seven kits (six more or less completed). It's a terrific, non-pharmacological way to manage my osteoarthritis, too :thumb: