Asking for good thoughts for my mom

amylynn920

I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately. My mother is in the hospital. She is 82 and is in end stage cardiac failure. She has COPD and CHF with some other issues in the mix. She's been in the hospital since Friday. She went in with severe swelling and her legs were weeping fluid. Her oral medication wasn't working well so they admitted her.

She had a bypass and mitral replacement done in 2006, but the mitral valve replacement is failing and she is not a candidate for surgery. She's very tired, I'm tired and any good thoughts that you can send would be appreciated.

She may come home this week if they can draw that fluid off her lungs, heart and belly. She most likely will go on hospice service since palliative care is pretty much all they can do for her.

I still check in on the forums when I can, but between the hospital, my work and home it gets busy.

I have seen a lot of the hospital lately, as my own relatives are/were there, so I will certainly pray and send good thoughts to your Mom. It is a difficult time I am sure, and unfortunately we all have to experience moments like this; but the good part about that is that we can all relate to what your family is going through, so you do not have to face this alone. I will be thinking of you and your family, so please continue to reach out to us.

I hope the brief moments when you can check the forums and galleries will bring you some peace and comfort. While it is difficult, please remember to take the time to take care of yourself too.

Oh Amy :( my thoughts go out to your Mom, you and your family. I am sending prayers and well wishes your way. There are really no words I can say that will make you feel better... but try to be kind to yourself also... all your GL friends are here for you.

I am so sorry.....

Big Big Hugs to you....

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope they will be able to keep her comfortable and that they are successful with drawing off the fluids. I'm sure you are both very tired.

I can only echo what the others have said. But do get plenty of rest and treat yourself gently. Sending you lots of hugs! :hug:

Prayer and hopes for comfort and peace going your way,Amy. I lost my father 2 years ago this month-I know how your heart is breaking. Please take care of yourself. We are all here for you,dear lady. Hugs,Kat

Amy, I'm very sorry to learn that your Mom is so ill. Please be sure to take good care of yourself and treasure the precious moments you have with your Mom. I lost my own Mom in 2010 and I know how difficult this can be for you and your family. We're thinking of you......

• Like 1