Spring Fling 2014

My favorite quote.."I can't brain, I have the dumb"! Didn't think to check here before I started the other thread. It's like being a newbie all over again! LOL! :insane:

I think we all have a tendency to start similar topics, and when it comes to the Spring Fling, so many of us are anxious to jump in and comment or ask questions. You are definitely not dumb; you are just anxiously awaiting for the Spring Fling like most of us who checked out this thread.

• Like 1

I think we all have a tendency to start similar topics, and when it comes to the Spring Fling, so many of us are anxious to jump in and comment or ask questions. You are definitely not dumb; you are just anxiously awaiting for the Spring Fling like most of us who checked out this thread.

No one is dumb and no one did the wrong thing. This is the only contest I have ever come across that is not defined in terms of dates and what we can expect. Basicially, it is a surprise contest :) No one is in the wrong for being enthusiastic. Anyone who is not happy with our enthusiasm needs to get in the spirit of things. This contest, in addition to being the only undefined contest I have ever known, is also the only contest I have known which has such a large group of entrants who stick together throughout the contest and cheer each other on.

All this being said...I watch both topics for this years Fling. Twice the fun :) I won't complain.

This contest, in addition to being the only undefined contest I have ever known, is also the only contest I have known which has such a large group of entrants who stick together throughout the contest and cheer each other on.

What you said is true. Off hand, I can't think of any other contest that compares with the overall enthusiasm and support of each others' entries. That says a lot for Greenleaf, this site, and all of you who enter this contest.

I honestly feel that all of you enter for the fun and not the prize or recognition, although those things are nice too. Thanks for sharing your hard work and efforts in such a fun way.

All this being said...I watch both topics for this years Fling. Twice the fun :) I won't complain.

No need to. Dean will start the official Spring Fling thread when he makes the announcement and that's where we'll take all our chatter about it when the contest is on. Until then, there's nothing wrong with two or three threads talking about our excitement and anticipation. It fits into a lot of different subforums, including this one and General Mini Talk. As in the past, we'll have so much chatter about the Fling that it'll be creeping into almost every discussion. <grinning> We are thorough in our enthusiasm!!!

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I never heard the exact details, but from what I remember with the "anything goes" contest, something went terribly wrong and there was some sort of dollhouse drama associated with it. Maybe that's why it never came back.

Speaking of contests, Ive been buying up a lot of miniature magazine back issues on ebay. In one of the old magazines I noticed an add for an HBS contest using of all things...the Buttercup kit. I would sure love to see those entries, how could it get any better? Back then the entries most likely were not submitted digitally so I doubt there is record of them anywhere except in some filing cabinet in the HBS offices.

You can go to miniatures.com and click on "Contests" then click on "3rd Creatin' Contest" to see the entries from 1996 using the Buttercup kit