Half Scale Buttercup

I finally got some gesso. I put a light layer on the outside for a stucco effect, but I don't think I put enough on. It looks quite flat. I'll see what I think in the morning. I don't want to put on too much though since the house is half scale.

I also need to add another coat of triple thick to the floors. Hopefully, I'll get that done soon. Meanwhile, I have to go back and paint white around the double hung doors. I've been stalling!

Blondie, if you put some gesso in an open container and let it sit a bit, it will thicken up some. That might help you get the texture you want.

But generally, I find Spackle or wallboard mud/joint compound is easier to work with to obtain texture. Either one can be smoothed on in a fairly thin layer and then gently dabbed with a damp sponge to raise the stucco texture.

• Like 1

Thanks Blondie! I like it too :)

I love the Americana acrylics. They go on so smooth. I actually made another trip to the craft store to find it, because the other paint I had was too chalky looking. This gave a really deep green. A nice calm color for Mr. Maus :D

• Like 1

I didn't think I would like a color that dark in a small house - but guess what - I do. It is so much fun to see the ideas of others played out, especially when it is something you wouldn't think of doing yourself. I really like how this house is working out.

• Like 1

Very good point. I do love light colors in other people's builds, so perhaps I'll find myself doing an entire light house one day. *reminds self to keep mind open*

You could do shabby chic with neon pops of color, or shabby chic white with red pops! Totally you, and it would look cool :)

• Like 1