Half Scale Buttercup

Got the third coat of paint on the inner first floor walls. I suppose I should start thinking about furniture....

Here are my options:

A. Since Ollie is an owl and all, he can hunt and go outside to "use the facilities" right? Lol. In this version, I could just have a bedroom upstairs and a living room downstairs.

B. Full house, meaning a bedroom/bathroom combo upstairs and a living room/kitchen combo downstairs.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

This could just be his clubhouse or den...a place to hide away from the overly happy world and grumble to his heart's content. :D His "everyday" tasks would happen elsewhere.

• Like 1

No, no, no, Selkie... I think Ollie is more along the lines of Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino. "Get off my lawn." :lol:

Well then, I guess he'll need a lighter, right? But I think Ollie is probably scared off all the competition already. Owls are not to be messed with in the animal kingdom you know. He'll just swoop down and scoop them up.

Actually, Ollie looks more kindhearted to me in reality. I think he is just big faker with the cranky business.

• Like 1

He's an owl; he'll need a place to sleep and a place to eat and something to hawk up the pellets into, and a place to hang out when he's not hunting up chow. I love the idea of the nest-bed!

• Like 1

Oh,my word! I Googled 'nest bed' just for the fun of it:

http://www.oge-group.com/portfolio/giant-birdsnest-4-breeding-new-ideas/#/gallery_1937/1

That is hysterical!! They make EVERYTHING these days!...

I was actually thinking of this: http://www.bigshrimpy.com/products/nest/

LMAO at myself-I didn't see right away that's a pet bed and was thinking,wow,what a cool bed and how comfortable it looks,but what kind of sheets,etc!LOL

I still really like the nest bed's frame! :)

Blondie,I would loooove to see that floor in one of your next builds-it is awesome!! But,yeah,Ollie would never be able to sleep during the day with it,so you decided wisely!:D

I commented on the picture itself but here goes, again: I think that floor would be perfect. Install, seal (mod podge?) then antique the livin' daylights out of it and tone it down. The pieces cut off each side of the entry would be perfect to experiment on.

Here's how I see that floor. When the sun hits a prism hanging in a window, so that the rainbows hit the floor, that is what that floor looks like. Like it was hit with a prism. Very magical.

• Like 2

I do really like your idea, Morgan, but it just won't work for Ollie. I will certainly keep that piece of flooring AND your idea for another build! ;) Whee!!

In the meantime, I found a couple of papers I had that might make good tile flooring. The jury is still out, so I will keep thinking on it. Designs I think might work keep ending up looking HUGE in half scale! I'm slowly figuring it out though. :) *think smaller, Blondie*

These tile floors are in 1:24 scale builds:

gallery_8_3403_29531.jpg

gallery_8_1766_126608.jpg

In La Casita the bathroom tile floor is paint sample chips; the lighthouse and Casita's downstairs floors are painted packing paper.

For sure, Blondie :) It doesn't matter a bit what you want. The houses true owner has a much stronger voice. We know we have a problem when others find us arguing with our dollhouses, right? I have a family of mice currently ordering me about. Fortunately, they have good taste :)

Another thing I like for 1/2 scale 'tile' floors. I purchased a 1/2" square (with sharp corners, not rounded) paper punch for scrapbooking. I make perfect squares from paper, cardstock, egg cartons, etc., fast and easy.

• Like 3

Ollie approved two of the paper choices! Stubborn old bird can't complain about them now! Hahahahahaha.

Good thing. I'd have threatened him with plain old newspaper if he raised a fuss. :D

• Like 2

Oh, poor Ollie. He really is just misunderstood. He's a sweetie on the inside. I just know it. He likes to keep his feeling close to the vest, that's all. He'll, no doubt, begin to demand accessories soon since the house is taking shape. Wonder what he favorite hobby is?