Half Scale Buttercup

:rofl:

You meant to make me laugh, right?

Actually, I did try that on my first half scale house. Didn't work! :lol:

Honest answer: I don't always prime. I thought I was sooooo smart and primed Swift Cottage (Buttercup 1) with shellac. Shellac is great stuff and I was so proud of myself until my paint would stick to it right. That house got plastered!

I have primed others but it really depends. The Diana was completely primed inside and out. But now, if I'm adding siding I don't prime under the siding except around windows and doors and then I use the background color of the siding or trim (depending on where the base might show through).

Sometimes I prime the insides with a light coat but typically I'm sealing the heavier paper I use and I use a thin layer of white glue applied to the wood first, so the glue kind of seals the boards. (Hope that made sense)

Helpful hint: do NOT paint or paper an edge you will be gluing. Experience talking here. :D

• Like 1

Oh, totally. His attitude is far larger than his wee house is! Lol.

Just a curiosity on my part ... is he wise? Will he need lots of library-esque- ness in his home? If so, I see dark trims and rich emerald greens and burgundy and navy and a few stripes with touches of gold here and there. Of course a decanter and small glasses on a silver tray. A deeply tufted leather chair with an cozy afghan and reading lamp. Eye glasses and slippers no doubt too.

Of course, his personality may not be anything like that. Just thinking if he gets what he really deeply needs, perhaps, just perhaps, some of the crankiness might drift up to just a little ornery and eccentric instead.

• Like 2

Hahahaha!! Selkie, you crack me up! :) Ollie is wise, but he's not even close to being that sophisticated. I'm thinking he is a widower, and his wife painted the house years ago, and he's too stubborn to change it. So he gets a blue and yellow interior. He'll have a lot of art on the walls, and he's fairly messy, so it will probably look like he could use a good house keeper.

• Like 1