Karen Aird 4th Annual Spring Dollhouse Show, Warren, NJ

rackey

For those of you in the area or planning to make a trip out to NJ next month, you may be interested in the following:

Karen Aird Fourth Annual Spring Dollhouse Show

Date: Sunday, April 6

Time: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Place: The Somerset Hills Hotel, 200 Liberty Corner Road, Warren, NJ 07059

It is not a very big show, especially when compared to the Philadelphia Miniaturia, but it is a very nice show. There are two rooms with a variety of vendors, and there are door prizes, the major one usually being a small dollhouse.

Some of the vendors I had seen there included Barbara Hill, who specializes in country furniture, and Lorraine Scutari, who makes beautiful dollhouse beds and accessories, and of course Karen Aird herself.

I plan to be there, so hopefully I can meet some of you who decide to attend.

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder, the Karen Aird Fourth Annual Spring Dollhouse Show is this Saturday. For those of you who are going, I plan to wear a bright blue, hooded sweatshirt that says "Asbury Jukes" (for singer Southside Johnny's band) on the front in white letters. So if you see me, please stop me (or pull me away from one of the vendor tables) to say hello. :wave:

If it gets too warm and I have to change my outfit, I will let you know.

I'm flying up to Westchester for my future DIL bridal shower on Sat. Just checked to see if I could fit the show in, but it won't work out. I'm going to try to go to Whimsies in Greenwich, Ct. On Friday. Anyone been there?

I'm flying up to Westchester for my future DIL bridal shower on Sat. Just checked to see if I could fit the show in, but it won't work out. I'm going to try to go to Whimsies in Greenwich, Ct. On Friday. Anyone been there?

No, I haven't been there, but now, thanks to you, I can check it out. - Have a good time at the bridal shower.

Okay, I finalized my outfit for tomorrow. After a rainy, miserable day yesterday, it is suppose to be 60 degrees today in NJ, so if it is too warm to wear my bright blue Asbury Jukes hooded sweatshirt tomorrow, I will be wearing my orange Prairie Dog Town t-shirt with three prairie dogs dressed in western wear looking like they have a town to defend.

So, if you happen to be at the Karen Aird Spring Dollhouse/Miniature Show in Warren, NJ tomorrow, and you are not too embarrassed to admit you know who I am, please approach me and say hello.

If I don't see anyone tomorrow, I am stil hopeful to meet some of you some day at one of these events.

I did have a good time, Joane. I wrote about today under the Chit-Chat forum titled "What are you up to today?", but now I realize I should have posted here. I saw a 3-D printer for the first time and noted there seemed to be a lot more half-scale and quarter-scale furniture. Also, there were several room boxes with a southwestern theme.

Among some items I bought was Mexican food for Cinco de Mayo. I would like to purchase all different types of ethnic and holiday foods, so I can always change things off.

• Like 1