Cheltenham Dollhouse

Selkie

Just curious to see if anyone has built this house yet? I have the kit in my stash waiting ever so patiently.
One question I wondered about is whether there is any access under the roof area for an attic?
None of the views show it opening but it seems like a total waste of space if it doesn't. I'm sure it can be "fixed" to accomplish it but I just wondered if anyone had it and could post a picture of that top area without the roof on it. Thanks ahead of time just in case someone does.
I've been mulling over the idea of attempting a bash/conversion of this kit to create the essence of the Golden Gate View that has so mysteriously charmed me. Since I have the specs on that one, could I add the details from that to this kit (maybe) Cheltenham Front Opening Dollhouse and possibly satisfy the yearning?
Any opinions or thoughts?

Holly, I had that same thought about back to back.

Selkie, I don't know the answer, but it sure does look like there should be some usable space there. I've not really thought about it. I've got that kit too, but it's further down on the list, so I'm not sure what it wants yet. I did go try looking at the box to see if there were additional pictures on the box, but it was 2nd to bottom on the pile and above my head. :(

Whenever I have a question about size or want to see pictures of a Greenleaf or Corona Concepts House I go first to More Mini's Blog. She addresses the attic of the Cheltenham here http://moreminis.blogspot.com/2012/07/cheltenham-dollhouse-day-13.html#.Uv_0Gp0o7cs

Thanks so much. Now, I don't know why I didn't think of looking there. I'm always sending everyone else to her website. Guess I had a "duh" moment. Thanks for the reboot !!

It does look complicated to figure out creating an attic, esp after looking back at around day 2-3 as well. It shows a weird looking panel that runs around the top and the middle wall is significantly higher than the sides. It appears that it end up creating something of a cove ceiling when all is said and done. Not the type of thing I would think would go with that style but then, who am I to say?

Gotta think on this one a bit more. I'm sure you can all see how bewitched I have become with the GGV. Sigh ... Just gotta get warm enough so I can get out to my woodshop to attempt a build on my own I guess.