hi?

hello everyone.

i have to admit that i am a bit nervous about beginning to post and participate here. i'm not terribly experienced and most of my attempts at making my own minis end in glued-together fingers. i am getting better though. my house is an old second-hand arthur. it is terribly beat up, poorly assembled and a bit of an eyesore. inspired by it's natural delapidation - i'm making it a haunted house.

aside from all of that, i'm twenty-five. i make art-dolls for a living (er, existence, er, rent-paying) and i am utterly smitten with dolls of any sort.

Hi Shelle...Welcome to the forum. I am looking forward to seeing your work..and don't worry about experience...everyone has to start somewhere and we all learn through our mistakes...you aren't the only one who has glued their fingers together..lol!

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Now I think that in the means of being a true miniaturist one actually has to go through the glueing the fingers togheter and still want to continue building as to get the diploma LOL ahhh, seriously though that Arthur sounds like an intruiging building, any pics to share with us???

Hugs and welcome

oh goodnes, thanks everyone for being so quick and friendly!

i'm hoping very very much to finish the exterior of my wonky little arthur today and get some photos but it is being most uncooperative. it seems everytime i get to the point where i'm beginning to make progress towards sealer-land, well then i see some trim here or there or ooh-wouldn't-a-chimney-be-nice? :hide:

and as for my dolls, well they aren't terribly fancy nor are they terribly intricate or realistic... but i'm rather fond of the strange little things nonetheless. you can see them - if you like - over at http://www.thedollings.com , they seem to congregate and hang-out there en masse. ;)

Welcome to the sticky fingers club!!

My husband swears he can tell where I've been during the day just by following the trail I've left behind with my sticky fingers. :hide:

I keep a box of wet wipes on my worktable, but somehow I still always have sticky fingers.

I'd really love to see some photos of your art dolls.

-Susanne

Dolls... the other addiction :hide:

I admit I have a few myself including a china head from the late 1800's

And don't worry about your house being 2nd hand it just means it has character and maybe has the preaged look. That is a plus for a haunted house.

Welcome to the forum

Hi Shellie and Welcome to the neighborhood

I Love Dusa and Duska! They're awesome! ;) Then again I love stuff like that - very Halloweeny and fun! :banana: And the Arthur is a great house to make a haunted house out of. I'm working on the very same house right now and making the same thing out of it - It will be fun to see how yours turns out. I wanted to make a really spooky old house.. but it's arguing with me and seems to want to be a more girly orange green and purple monstrosity than the cool old broken down house I wanted it to be. hmph! :hide: Oh well - houses usually win those kinds of arguements.

Welcome to the forum and don't be shy about posting - we've got lots of Halloween fans here and we love spooky stuff! :banana:

-David

Welcome, Shelle, I also made dolls before I got back into playing with dollhouses. In fact, I am climbing a learning curve learning to make a lot of things I've made before, only much smaller! lol

Sorry for the late hello! :p I just wanted to say that I love your dolls, especially the twins! They remind me of Flora and Fauna from the Addams Family movie! :yes: I love spooky dolls and houses! Can't wait to see pics of your dollhouse!