10/4/06 If You Could Predetermine Your Child's sex..

Predetermine Your Child's sex  

23 members have voted

1. 1. If You Could Predetermine Your Child's sex, would you do it?

• Yes
    • No

Hmmmmm . . . that's a real tough one. On one hand I'd take whatever I could get if I were fortunate enough to even get pregnant . . . on the other, if I had 10 boys, a girl would sure be a welcome departure! I guess what I'm saying is that it really is an individual decision in an individual situation! :wave:

I am one of those persons who likes the surprise moment in this case I think but then I am also one of those who still haven't got children of my own (22 in the class isn't really mine LOL yet sometimes they forget themselves and accidently call me "mum" LOL) so that might change t hings? I know my brother and his wife decided to know it before hand with their second one and it was very important to my brother's wife to know.

Hugs

I voted no. With my first, I didn't want to find out the sex so she was a surprise. With the other three (all boys), I knew ahead of time. That was always kind of strange to me but it made it a lot easier. But to actually PICK THE SEX??? No way. Be happy with what you get. Be happy that you can at least conceive a child. I just think messing with Mother Nature isn't a very good idea.

No, I think nature should take it's course and not some doctor. I have one of each and wouldn't trade them for anything. When I was carrying them I went for ultrasounds and before we even got started the nurse asked if I wanted to know the sex, I didn't care as long as everything was fine. It turned out with both kids they had their legs sitting just right that nobody could tell :) .

They both wanted to be surprises, which was fine by me. :happy:

Gosh, that's a hard one. I have been blessed wth one of each, so it's not exactly as though I am lacking one or the other. I know my sister would love to predetermine a girl because she has three boys and has always wanted a girl. I kind of think that I would like the opportunity to choose, because at times, I can be a bit of a control freak and there are already so many things about pregnacny that are out of our control. The real problem would be deciding which sex to choose because I have enjoyed raising both!

At 48 with 2 grown children, I wouldn't want to conceive for all the tea in China lol...but if I did want to, I wouldn't care one way or the other what the sex of the child was, so long as it was healthy.

if I was a mum with several kids of the same sex than maybe I would want this option.

I know after my 2 boys when I was preg with Catriona I despretly wanted her to be a girl...but she also had her legs crossed so we didint know until they took her out(C-section)

and since the Hubby is the determiner of the sex of a child I told my DH if he wanted another baby 5 yrs after our last boy he better hope for a girl because if we had a boy we would be having 4 kids instead of 3 because we would have had another soon after. easier in my opinion to raise 2 babies at one time than one.

they have each other to play with.

but we had our girl and we were happy.

its kind of scary to think of ordering up a certain type of kid.

world population would suffer greatly if parents could do this and only choose one sex

have we learned nothing from the Japenese and their one kid per family rule?

Im rambling

nutti :)

I didn't know with my fist three and the only reason I knew with the last one was because my daughter was convinced it was a girl and if it wasn't I wanted time to convince her another brother would be okay too. ( she rules over her 3 brothers anyway so I don't know what she was worried about)