Question About Proxxon Scroll Saw

Chris P.

My sweet husband bought me one for Christmas, but putting the saw blade in is proving to be a bit of a mystery. Is there a trick to it? I have located the mystery sliding door and gotten the bottom end of the saw blade in the lower portion, but it does't seem to completely fit into the top part? It looks too tall. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Chris

Happy me with my saw. :banana:

post-6356-0-56864000-1388081673_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Congrats!

You have to push the silver spring-loaded portion down to meet the blade. There's a slit underneath that part. It takes some finesse to figure out the tension, but you'll get used to it. If it's loud or vibrates a lot, you've done it wrong. If it sounds like a well-oiled machine, you've got it right! There should be diagrams in the instructions if I'm not making any sense. :lol:

Do you have the front green portion at the right height? There are three lengths of blades you can use...so you might have to adjust that portion based on the type you are using.

Shown on the box front:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=85973

I'm not sure the exact blades I'm using - they are Proxxon brand, and here is now mine is adjusted. I don't have a photo of the other side...but I can take one later tonight if you need.
http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=86989

Like Otterine says, it can be a little tricky to set up at first but should run smoothly once you have the blades in correctly. Here is a little youtube video that might help also. I absolutely love mine for cutting out intricate trim and other parts. You will love it.

• Like 1