California here.....

~morningstar~

I may sound like a lunatic, but I have conversations with the house kits that usually begin with opening the box, some time during the lifting of the lid and the sniffing of the wood as I sort the sheets into numerical order. By the time we've begun the dry fit the house has begun telling me its story, what it wants, and often how to do it, as well.

• Like 2

havanaholly, I think I'm falling in love with you.. I talk to mine too. Does that make me a lunatic as well? :D I'll ask the pieces where they go and why to the creators make them so difficult to understand sometimes. I ask them where they come from and what parts of the house where they hoping to be and if they're happy. :)... I know it sounds silly but it helps me to familiarize myself with my dollhouse parts and it helps me to learn more about it. My son thinks I'm insane. (I think).... When I'm sanding the pieces that need sanding, I'm real gentle because I don't want to break the real small pieces and I tell the wood, "this might hurt a bit..." "I'll try not to let it hurt, and I'll try to make it go quick, but I have to do it so that your bits will fit properly..."... I just realized I must sound nutty. LOL.. I don't care. :D

<3

~morning

• Like 1

That's OK. In addition to telling me what they want the houses also tell me their stories, which is how I wound up making everything that goes into them (unless they see something in the stash of goodies I bought early on, or that someone else made, or that I found in a thrift store, that they want). It's why I built two Fairfield kits to be halves of a single Bar Harbor summer cottage, and one has the third floor tower room extended into the third floor and has become a bath/ utility room; and the tower in the one I built inside out is opened up all the way from the first floor to the roof to contain a Foucault's Pendulum. They also wanted a Knole setee... Somewhere in the archives is a thread containing the stories some of the members' houses have told them.

• Like 1

Welcome to our very diversed group. (some who can't spell...lol) I am from California too, just the southern part. Looking forward to watch your

progress on your house. As you read our posts you will find that our houses Do talk to us, that is our normal.......lol.

Gail :bear:

• Like 1

That's OK. In addition to telling me what they want the houses also tell me their stories, which is how I wound up making everything that goes into them (unless they see something in the stash of goodies I bought early on, or that someone else made, or that I found in a thrift store, that they want). It's why I built two Fairfield kits to be halves of a single Bar Harbor summer cottage, and one has the third floor tower room extended into the third floor and has become a bath/ utility room; and the tower in the one I built inside out is opened up all the way from the first floor to the roof to contain a Foucault's Pendulum. They also wanted a Knole setee... Somewhere in the archives is a thread containing the stories some of the members' houses have told them.

LOL that's awesome havanaholly!.. After I am finished rearranging my livingroom today I will have to look through the archives and find the thread to read for myself. I'm quite interested. I have a kit, that a friend of mine found at a yard sale, for $3 from Greenleaf that is dollhouse furniture. We'll see if I can manage to put any of it together correctly, LOL.. When I'm done with the dollhouse it's self that is... A Foucault's Pendulum? I'd first heard about Foucault in a video game I played online.. Materia Magica.. Crazy things, those FPs. :D Anyway, The Knole setee is a fascinating piece of furniture. It looks like something that is almost impossible to find.

<3

~morning

Welcome to our very diversed group. (some who can't spell...lol) I am from California too, just the southern part. Looking forward to watch your

progress on your house. As you read our posts you will find that our houses Do talk to us, that is our normal.......lol.

Gail :bear:

Thank you minigrandma!

My Beloved is from SoCal.. Orange Co, area. We have family in Riverside too. I look forward to reading all the posts and learning about everyone's experiences building their houses. I woke up this morning with a renewed sense of passion for this project. I just have to get busy! First we have to rearrange the livingroom/dining area. Since my son is living with us now, I have no room to work. So, we're making some changes. :D

<3

~morning

HelenV,

I wanted to "Like" your response but I'm out of 'Likes' for today. :( Thank you for your kind words. I am supposed to remove and prepare all the walls that have doors or windows today, so we'll see how that goes. FIRST, a trip to the 99cents store to get cheap shower liners so I can protect the $350 wool rug that is under the diningroom table. LOL. I don't want to damage that rug. We bought it as a wedding present for ourselves, when we got married. We still lived in our house, before the apartment. I'm just sad that we lost our house, otherwise I wouldn't be so worried about it. I'd have a whole 2 car garage to work in, LOL. :D Something my husband understands about me and needing workspace. I feel like I'm losing my mind sometimes here. He agreed that I could comandeer the diningroom table for my work area. So everything is spread out in the diningroom area. Whee.. Will have to get busy!!! Going to have to get dressed first.. Still in pjs.

<3

~morning

• Like 1

Sounds like a good plan to protect the rug! I'm really sorry you lost your house :( but pleased that you have a work space in your apartment. I too am set up in our dining room, though as It's Christmas Eve day here in New Zealand and we're now hosting the family Christmas it's all had to be put in another room and I miss it. We have a 3 car garage but it's filled with my husband and son's project cars and loads of tools/car parts etc. Eventually I will have our office as a workroom, when my youngest son moves out in Feb I can store some things from the office in his section of the basement and should have the room I need. Enjoy your work on the Garfield today - it's really exciting watching them take shape isn't it? :)

• Like 1

Bless you, HelenV. Helen was my Gramma on both sides name. You have a beautiful heart. Both women were beautiful and though I didn't get to know my father's mother.. I did get to know my mother's mother. She helped raise me. She was funny and smart and she was always there for me, right up until she passed...I called her every Sunday. Even when I was on my honeymoon, in Alaska. She was so surprised! My Gramma Helen was my favorite person in the whole world. When I was little, she'd put me on her knee when I fell down and she'd rock me until I stopped crying. She'd give me home made cookies and tell me it'll be ok. As I got older, when the boys were mean to me, she'd tell me it'll be ok... They won't be mean forever, and she was right. She told me that some day I'd meet a boy that would be nice to me. She was right about that too. :) my Beloved. I'm just sad she never really got to meet him.

About the Garfield, it is awesome watching it take shape. I've been looking at the pieces I have to work on today... I did a lot of shopping stuff today and went to the bank. I had something I had to handle that I had been putting off because I hadn't been up to making the trip to the bank for the last couple of weeks. It needed to be handled before the end of the year, though, so I took care of it today... then we went and got the tarps to cover (we found some tarps instead of the shower curtains) at the 99cent store, and some other odds and ends.. roller brushes, a couple of rags, sponge brushes, a silver tray, and tooth picks.

Stopped at the grocery to get something for dinner for tomorrow night. Don't feel up to cooking tonight. Too tired. And I have a bit of a headache. Thinking I am feeling someone else's.. :)...

<3

~morning

• Like 2

I used to get "silent" migraines when I was working, after my log truck encounter, which began with a fractured halo in one eye that spread until I went blind in both eyes and had to close them and put my head down for half an hour or longer (or drink a cup of VERY strong, BLACK coffee) to make them stop. I haven't had the first one since I retired. My sinusitis headaches are nothing like migraine; on a scale of 0-10 where my worst non-silent migraine was a roaring 10 I'd have to rate the worst sinus headache at 5 or 6.

havanaholly,

my goodness Lady.. You've just gotten some difficult stuff! I used to get migraines nearly every day. On a scale of 1-10, usually about an 8 to 9 the worst would be 10 and it would send me to the ER, though it never would blind me.... The doctors had no explanation. They'd come on, without warning. No matter how many tests they ran, we never found the triggers. We eliminated various foods from my diet, tried different medications, tried changing environmental stresses, and they'd happen at random times. They spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on the tests... To this day we don't know why.. Now they have me on a medication that keeps them at bay. I am super sensitive to noise and cold/heat. I am also super sensitive to touch. I catch others' illness easily and bright lights bother my eyes. My poor Beloved loves me anyway, despite all of my sensitivities. :)

<3

~morning

Holly,I'm glad your sinus headaches aren't any worse than they are-in my twenties I'd say the pain factor was a 12! They were awful! Over the years,they got better and honestly,I was too busy raising my boys to give in if they had been! Now,they run an 8 to 10,and are more frequent now than even a couple of years ago. I had tests ran some years back and I have a deviated septum,so that doesn't help things!

And I do realize migraines are different-I'm just saying that it was an interesting study,article,or whatever I read that said many are misdiagnosed. My 25 year old son has 'migraines' but refuses to go to the doctor because "they aren't frequent". I still cringe every time he has one,because it is agonizing to see someone in so much pain and not be able to stop it! I think he needs to get an accurate diagnosis and something to take when they happen,but I cannot change his mind!

As for your silent migraines and halos-for years my father said it seemed like he was seeing a waterfall or rain on a car windshield in front of him before he would go 'blind' and would have excruciating pain on one side of the head. He would never have it checked out-tried to be his own doctor-and eventually had a stroke that left him permanently brain damaged for 7 years before he died. Not sure if it was related,and I'm sure it isn't the same thing you had,but I'm so glad yours stopped!

Okay,so sorry to go off on all this 'painful' talk!!

Kat, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. :( That is clearly an unfortunate situation. My father will listen if I stress the importance of him getting his butt to the the hospital and getting it checked out if something doesn't feel right. He's had several heart related incidences and a few heart attacks. Some of his heart muscle has died and he is on the the heart transplant list, but we aren't holding our breath. I keep praying that he'll live long enough to meet his grand children, spend some time with Mom and then maybe... just maybe spend some time with me, before the Powers That Be, take him out of this world.

My heart goes out to you, though... I don't wish anyone to lose a parent before they are ready to. My Beloved has lost both his natural father and stepfather and his natural mother. :( I was there when his mother passed.. I was holding her hand, when she left us. His stepfather passed 18months (almost to the day) later. :\... I remember telling him not to worry, I'd share my mother with him.. (My father wasn't in my life at the time). My parents are 69 & 70. Mom & Dad respectively..

*huggglesnloves*

~morning

kat57, I talk to Daddy every day. Some days we talk for hours. Some days we talk 4 or 5 times in the same day. I call him as soon as I wake up and I am the last voice he hears before he goes to bed. I am his oldest child. He tells me he is very proud of me, because I am still here. I'm sober, and I'm not afraid to love again, in spite of everything that's happened in my life. Can't let it keep me down, right? :D I'm going to visit him this coming summer, if I can get out there. :) *huggggggggles*

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

~morning

• 2 weeks later...