Fontanini

amyole

At my new school they put up a Fontanini display. I had never heard of it before, but it is like a huge miniature scene of Bethlehem at the time of Christ's birth. I haven't had time to look at it in depth, just for a few minutes, but was extremely intrigued because of working with miniatures. Just wondering if anyone here had heard of/seen one of these before?

Amy, "Fontanini" refers to the style of creche figures and accessories, I believe that it was the town of Fontanini in Italy that used to build fantastically elaborate and detailed Nativity scenes all through Advent and up to Epiphany.

I LOVE fontanini!!!! I've seen the whole thing set up in a store around here. Right now I have Joseph, Mary, Jesus, drummer boy, Abraham, an angel, a goat, two sheep and a dog. I hopefully will be able to get more to the set.

I'll try to take some pictures of the scene. It's very large, someone donated all the figures and I understand that not even half of the items are in the display. Now, that's an obsession!!! :bigwink: (note: I'm qualified to diagnose obsessions)

• Like 1

I have a small display from the Fontanini line - I found it on sale somewhere, and when they opened the box to be sure it was all there, they saw that one leg was broken on a shepherd, so they discounted it further. It was a clean break and an easy fix :) I love the details in the workmanship, and the fabric clothes, the city wall as a backdrop! Love the whole thing. When I hosted our traveling doll, Emma, I posed her and Jack at the crèche. The sheep in this picture is from another set.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...