So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

12 hours ago, Sable said:

Holly, will you be getting snow?

Well we  might get a bit tonight that we could wake up to, but I expect it to be gone by the time that #2 son's flight gets here.  He is having to try to get a different flight, the one they had booked had them changing planes in Atlanta and has been canceled.  Susie, stay safe. Gather up important papers, meds and any priceless family momentos and put them in your car so you're ready to get out if you have to.

Well at 0730 there are bits and patches of snow amongst the grass blades; the car has a dusting that looks more like powdered  sugar.  I expect it to be gone once the sun has had a chance to shine on it a bit.

34 minutes ago, Sable said:

Brrrr. The rainy cold front is passing through south Florida now. Yesterday, 88 degrees, currently 63 and dropping. 

Okay .. about 11" of snow and 14 hours without power and the house temp dropping to 61 F ... the power is back on, the sun is shining, the thermocouple on the gas fireplace log gave me a little heat and light through the night, batteries for the flashlights and food to eat got me through -- although folks may get lighter-than-planned cookie bags. I spent all day yesterday baking. What's a girl to do but eat in the dark? :D  Made a nest on the couch in front of the fire. Power came back on around 9:30 this morning. A cup of hot coffee was more than welcome! 

Famous last words, my sister to me: "Nah, you don't need a snow shovel. Any snow we get is gone in an hour." Ha!

• Like 1

The snow was all gone by the time I went outside (doing a very happy dance).  It has wreaked havoc, however, with our #2 son's visit; he & his wife are patiently waiting at Hartfield on standby for a 1800 flight, or for the 2245 to Pensacola.  The poor DIL is a runner, so is a very early riser; she will be wrung out by the time they get here.

1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

But it does make you wonder....fire in California and then snow in the southern states.

Nobody ever accused Mother Nature of being predictable, even though the weather guessers give it a shot.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Keifer said:

He did not want to come inside...

6B48F039-8756-46B0-810A-F30F9982286C.jpeg

Who is this gorgeous boy? Looks like you have no chance of getting him to come in. At least he's built for the weather. :D 

1 minute ago, Keifer said:

His name is Remington.  Loves the snow (part husky, mama was pure bred) he turns into a bunny and hops around in the snow 

Aww cute... We call that the Pepe le Pew bounce... lol

We have a part Husky part German Shepherd that I bet would love the snow. Unfortunately for him he lives in the tropics so in the summer he lays in front of the air conditioning unit for most of the day..  :D 

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

There are many parts of the world I would like to live in, IF they didn't have Winter

Me, too!  I grew up in Minnesota, and have had enough winters to last the rest of my life.  It's been in the high 60's, low 70's here all last week, but the temperature dropped some today (low 60's).  That's plenty cold enough for me.  All those beautiful places with winter--I'll visit in summer.