So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

After hitting 40F when we went out to supper at 1730 last night it was right pleasant to wake up to 70F; I just wish we could have a bit of sunshine with that!  I don't think our Canadian snowbird friends in Gulf State Park mind, though!

It's going to be 85 in south Florida today. I'm taking my family on a Holiday Light boat tour this evening. The homes along the Ft Lauderdale waterways decorate their backyards so they can be seen from the waterways. We will be on the Intracoastal and New River. Many of them are professionally done as these are multimillion dollar homes.  Lit up palm trees...it must be Christmas in Florida.

• 3 weeks later...

29F and blustery. After a quick look-around, found better half back in bed with two extra blankets ... says he can't get warm, even though, with his intolerance to cold in mind, for once I hadn't turned the heat off overnight! 

On the bright side, the sun is out and one of our orchids is getting ready to rebloom. :) 

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Freezing our buns off here, too.  At least the sun is out.  Yesterday the neighbors' cats were squashed up against the foundations of our house to keep warm!

Forecast is for 70+F here next week. Meanwhile, chickadees and sparrows are lined up at the suet/seed block, socking away the calories to keep warm.

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

Forecast is for 70+F here next week. Meanwhile, chickadees and sparrows are lined up at the suet/seed block, socking away the calories to keep warm.

Also here, and will I ever be ready for it!  I just don't "do" cold!

When we lived where it snowed I also thought that first snow was pretty to look at... as long as there wasn't more than an inch or two, just enough for the kids to play in before they turned blue.  But I couldn't take the cold, and I still can't.

It has warmed up from the mid-20s F to the mid-40s outside, yet we're sitting in the studio seriously considering the purchase of a space heater. The thermostat is in the living room, at the other end of the condo, and the studio has two large windows, one on each of the two outside walls, which are made of uninsulated brick. The condo has ceramic tile floors throughout, no rugs in the studio. It's cold enough in here to hang beef before it gets cool enough near the thermostat to trigger the furnace. It's comfortable three of four seasons of the year, but during a cold snap, brrrrrrr. :cold: Looking forward to Tuesday's promised warming.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My mom is in TX right now, enjoying her second week of temps in the mid to high 20's. We went from March temps (+4, +8) and everything melting, to freezing rain on Mondaym followed by freezing temps (-29 at night) during the day. Which means *everything* and I do mean *everything* is a skating rink right now. Walking is very dangerous.

Jeez Louise, we may actually get some serious snow tonight. We've only had snow predicted about 5684 times already this winter and out of all that, I think we've gotten maybe an inch. Woowoo.

But they have a winter storm warning up right now. Of course, snow totals are all over the place. Anything from 1' to 6" and it's always a crap shoot as to where it'll fall. Anyway, I won't hold my breath. I'll probably be in a nursing home before I ever see a flake of snow.

• Like 1

Dodging tornadoes in New Orleans today. My area, on the West Bank, is fine, but there was serious damage in the East, a well-populated area. Tornado traveled 2 miles on the ground. Injuries, some serious. No deaths reported.