So how is the weather where you're at ?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those in the Phoenix area:

When that moon comes up over the mountains it’s a bit jaw dropping. Took these tonight on the winter solstice. We’re forecast to have snow tonight and next week. 

Roxy, it actually warmed up to upper 30s. You add the sun and my menopause and it feels like May! I was out chopping ice.

Posted Images

After a somewhat cloudy start with pink along the horizon it has turned into another beautiful day.  There's an outfitter a block or so away, so we went over this AM to see about renting a kayak and that's what we'll do tomorrow. After we got back to the cottage we walked over to the trailhead and walked the >0.5 mile nature trail that follows an old railbed.  From 1861 to 1932 a train ran shipments of cedar lumber from here to the port above Jacksonville where it was shipped up north to be made into #2 pencils.  The reason it stopped running was that they cut down all the cedar trees.

Vero Beach received 11 inches of rainfall yesterday. Luckily, our property has great storm drainage. So no problems there. But, just off the island on the mainland Rt 1 was hit very hard. 

• 2 weeks later...

Horrible cold windy and rainy day today. Well, at least I do not have to water my flowers. I was chased home from a bike ride on Sunday by a thunderstorm that dumped pea sized hail on us. I just beat it! Even with a helmet on, that would have HURT

2 hours ago, me-barbie said:

Horrible cold windy and rainy day today. Well, at least I do not have to water my flowers. I was chased home from a bike ride on Sunday by a thunderstorm that dumped pea sized hail on us. I just beat it! Even with a helmet on, that would have HURT

Glad to see that rain is hitting your parts, maybe there will be less fires this summer.

20 hours ago, Sable said:

Glad to see that rain is hitting your parts, maybe there will be less fires this summer.

Indeed. During the May Long (2 weeks ago) much of Northern AB got about 30 cms of snow!! Much needed moisture. Plus, for Canadians, it's just not the May long unless it snows somewhere... :cold:

• 2 months later...

I'm soooo happy to report that the horrible heat wave we've had has finally broken! I was able to be outside yesterday for the first time in about a month:banana: All 3 dogs got a much needed bath, and y house got a much needed airing out.

It wouldn't be August in South Florida without some tropical system brewing in the Atlantic. Took a quick tour of my garage wondering how I'll ever fit two cars (one only two weeks old) into it should we have to prepare for a Cat 2 to Cat 3 storm.  My plan would be to lift up my workbench onto to the sidewall bench which is holding the steel hurricane shutters. If I have to, I'll just place all the tools into buckets and place them in the cars. If a storm is expected to be greater than a Cat 3, we will just get out altogether. Just thinking out loud.

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Have they named the one brewing out there yet?  If it doesn't lose strength crossing the peninsula this weekend we're supposed to get hammered with it next week.

I just saw where one of the spaghetti lines has it going toward you.  Problem is if it stays on the southern peninsula and crosses the Everglades they usually strengthen. That water is very warm right now and there is zero high terrain to break it apart. We will see, so many times they get it wrong when it's this far away. 

5 hours ago, Sable said:

I just saw where one of the spaghetti lines has it going toward you.  Problem is if it stays on the southern peninsula and crosses the Everglades they usually strengthen. That water is very warm right now and there is zero high terrain to break it apart. We will see, so many times they get it wrong when it's this far away. 

Hoping that it's a lesser spaghetti line & a weak one, or else swings 'way north & becomes a fish storm.

Our weatherguesser is taking a wait-and-see position. She says no point in getting our panties in a bunch until a more definite pattern emerges. Even so, our grab-and-go bags are ready so we can flee in the appropriate direction, whatever that is. 

On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 1:09:33, grazhina said:

It went down to 49 at my house in Maine last night.

It's going to be 89 here. I think Imma move to Maine. Two more days of hot weather before summer gives it up and heads out for the year. This weekend it's supposed to be in the 60s and maybe we'll finally get some rain!

We've been talking about a trip to Virginia and DC and maybe NYC in late Sept/early Oct. If Invest 99 decides to become a hurricane headed our way,  we may start out earlier than planned.