So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

We've already had a head start on flowers; all the azaleas seem to b gone and the magnolia trees are busting out all over.  Ours are grandiflorae, and a tree covered with flowers the size of dinner plates and bigger is quite impressive.  The down side is that neither the leaves nor petals decay in the usual manner, so the debris of fallen leaves & petals just lays there on the ground until it turns brittle enough for passing traffic to crumble it up.

There is a rumble (or two, or three) of thunder in the air and the sky has gone from a tomato-colored glow to brownish gray; but rain has been forecast today for nearly a week, so no surprises.

• Like 1

I live in the desert of northern New Mexico.   Its suppose to be DRY!!!!    We have rain and snow predicted for the next 7 days!  What's with that?  Its the wettest desert I have ever seen this year.   Today I have to go out before my dirt road becomes a muddy quagmire!!!    
I hear you Anna........my allergies are going berserk because all the trees and blossoms are out.  Yes,  in town we do have a lot of flowering trees...pretty pink crab apple trees. 

We've been going up and down. One day, its +20, the next day, it's snowing! But that is pretty typical for Manitoba in April. (We've actually been known to have heavy snow on the May Long weekend....)

This weekend it's supposed to be nice. And summer temps all next week!

It's been in the 60s here, but the temp is going up again, even thought the nights cool off beautifully. However, the city housing authority has scheduled the 4th for my room inspection (subsidized housing), so I am going to have to clean, clean, clean. No point in cleaning anything before Monday, or it will just get dirty again. So the inspection is on Wednesday and guess when the hottest days are going to be? Yup, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. 74 tomorrow, 83 on Monday, and 72 on Tuesday. Translated that means in my room in the afternoon, you can add about 10° to those temps. Nothing I like better than cleaning and dripping sweat at the same time.

Move over, Barbara and Roxy. Canada and New Mexico, here I come!

• Like 1

Weather guessers here aren't promising any sun until at least next Wednesday. At least the temps are peaking in the high 70s, so it's not quite sauna weather yet.

Cloudy and rainy again with highs in the 40's. We've had a lot of cool or chilly cloudy days or rainy days and it's supposed to stay like that all week. My ankles and heels have been hurting to one degree or another since early January. The pain went away completely when we went to the Bahamas in February, so I keep waiting for warmer weather. The pain stopped for a few times when the weather got unseasonably warm and hit 60 a few times this winter, so I'm hoping it will go away for good once it gets warm.

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

The sun is out earlier than forecast, maybe I can get out to the workshop more today.

Lloyd just mentioned the presence of sunlight. I shushed him; don't want to scare it away. The weather guessers are still predicting clouds & rain until Wednesday.

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Well I ought not to have posted, because five minutes later th fat, gray clouds moved in and the sun is only a happy memory...

Yeah, you really need to tiptoe around sunshine. It's pretty skittish. We've been reduced to bright cloud cover.

31 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Dag nabbit! The weather guessers moved the sun symbol from today to tomorrow. They ought to be fined for being such teasers.

Doggone it, we have to load the car today!  Although ours promised us the rain here was done...

Over here it is really a feeling of spring in the Air. Blue sky, and if one takes one's time and sit down long enough One could see the leaf buds opening on the birches and willows... (Almost atleast) :)

hugs 

We just smashed a heat record for May 5th. Old record was +25. Today, we hit +35. We are dry as tinder, and fire bans and back country travel bans are all over the province. We can't send fire fighting equipment to Ft McMurray (from where my cousin was evacuated) because we are using it to fight (so far) small wild fires all over the province. 

We need rain on the Canadian prairies. Desperately. It was a mild winter with little snow fall, and a dry autumn.

20 hours ago, Sable said:

South Florida wants to thank you northerners for the cool front. Delightful.

We in the Big Easy wish to thank the Northerners as well. Sun, glorious sun, yet moderate temperatures (low 70s). Can't get much better than this. :) 

Still warm and windy. We had a cold front, so we are in the low 20s (still warm for this time of year). Lots of smoke in the air too, and not all from Ft McMurray. We have a wildfire now pretty much out of control in Manitoba as well, but it's not in the path of any major towns. RAIN!. We need RAIN!

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/racing/fort-mcmurray-wildfire-albertans-offering-food-shelter-to-residents-fleeing-fire/vp-BBsDVPC

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-forest-fire-smoke-health-alert-1.3571974

Another gray & gloomy day with more rain to come. This week's forecast shows sun for Monday through Wednesday, but I've been lied to before. I had started doing spring cleaning the week of April 17, because we finally had a mostly sunny week. It's amazing how much stuff you don't notice on gray cloudy days. I got most of the 1st floor finished, needed to finish cleaning the kitchen cabinets, but then we went into gloom mode again. We've had 2 sunny days since, and I was busy with other things. I'm still not sure how well the new kitchen cabinet cleaner I bought did the job. I haven't had any bright sunshine to see if there's a major difference. I ordered more of the cleaner anyway, just in case it did do a better job than the other stuff.