So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

86F and climbing in south Florida now. I told my husband I want to get a large camper and follow the Spring weather north until we reach Maine and then stay for the summer and then follow the Fall weather south until we reach SoFlo for the winter months. After 35 years in Florida's Summer humidity, I've had enough.

:rofl: Holly, so funny. I grew up listening to my parents tell me about NJ where they grew up, and Maine, where my Mom went to college. When she told me they sometimes still had snow in May, I was so jealous! I found summer to be torture, and would just stake out a spot near the AC and my fan turned up on high, until my skin was cold to the touch. I suppose the heat felt worse to me, because not only do I run hotter than most people (elevated normal temperature), I am also so fair skinned that any sun, even if moderately strong, feels like it's broiling my skin off. I take after my Irish grandmother, whose skin was so white that if she went wading at the beach, sharks would come up close, thinking she was a tasty meal. Today's temps were actually pleasant, but the sun was super strong, so I didn't stay outside for long.

• Like 1

Gentle rain here in Missouri today. The kind of April shower that brings May flowers ... although there are a goodly number of  early blossoms out now.

We're noticing the sound of the rain, gentle as it is, as it hits the new metal siding. Like rain on a metal roof. Not unpleasant, but unusual.

Cynthia, I can empathize with you. On the one hand I'm looking forward to living in New Orleans year around, but on the other hand I'm dreading the heat and humidity the summer is guaranteed to deliver. Give me cool weather -- even snow if I don't have to shovel it -- and I'm a happy camper.

Hi Kathie! Yes the humidity can be bad in New Orleans I'm sure, just as bad as south FL. Growing up, my mom would tell this funny story about when she had just moved to FL from NJ after my parents got married. It was a hot and sticky summer day, and my mom had set up some food on the screened patio for a little get together. Well, one of those things happened to be a bowl of potato chips. Long story short, after a few hours in that humidity, those nice crispy chips turned into a soggy mess! Talk about yucky.

Tuesday Holly! Sheesh! As you know, my weather is usually the same as yours, just a few hours later.

I'm ready to see a full day of sunshine. i shouldn't complain because i know soon i will be commenting on how hot it is.

• Like 1

Below freezing this morning, ie car windows well frosted ver, clear blue sky following, then add rain, sleet, hail, thunder, more bright sun and then again more hails...

Been interesting weather today ;)

Hugs

Mix up is a very correct observation, over here known as Weather of April as that is a rather frequent weather spell season...

We are keeping fingers crossed for the weekend as I want to do some spring cleanng if possible, ie if elbow allows, hubby wants to take his new road bike out for a spin

Hugs

Anna. does your weather get any effects from the Gulf Stream, or is that too far west of y'all?  Cheer up, Joanne, it was overcast all day until some time while we were in the grocery tore (in Gulf Shores, Rouse's); when we came out the sun was shining and by the time we came into Seminole there were big patches of blue sky.  Yes, rain is still in the forecast until Tuesday, but it's coming in bands and as long as they're followed by bands of sunshine I don't really care how warm it gets!

Holly, the Gulf Stream is a factor for us indeed.

Then again our weather isn't in the "extreme" ratios much, just rapid changes.

Having said that, the storms have grown stronger and they occur more often as it seems, but still nowhere near tornadoe-strenght or impacts.

Hugs

It's still raining. I had lost track how long, but a FB friend has been counting... Day 11

Today is really bad, but we absolutely had to go to the grocery store. Ugh. Roads are flooded, yard is flooded, our non existent creek is back...

I don't normally complain about rain and weather, but goodness. I am so soggy, house feels soggy, just yuck. Tuesday should be better, one more day.

Our rain is supposed to let up by some time tonight, but it made up for that by coming down so hard that sitting here at the computer in DH's office at the front of the house I could hardly ssee the car & truck sitting right outside through the window!  I ended up in bed again after breakfast; the pressure changes wreak total he** on my sinuses!