So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

It got to 50 today, but most of the day was cloudy. Tomorrow it may hit the mid 60's with maybe a bit of sun in the afternoon, then back to the 40's.

Snow is melting slowly, which is good, less chance of floods. My back yard is still completely covered in snow, but the front has some brown grass showing here and there.

We woke up to being surrounded in a glittery frozen scenery with a the hint of clear sky, rose-coloured that has turned into the most wonderful,sunny day sending glittery sparkles all around from the frost-covered everything.... Gorgeous! The temps are slooowly getting close to non freezing now as the sun is getting higher so we hope for a mild day as there are plans for a family gathering and BBQ dinner...

Hugs

We have had morning frosts all week so far but that also often means blue sky so that is Okwith me ;) bundling up inthemorning with scarves and extra knitted cardigans. They do however promise "warm" weather over the weekend, we'll see....

Hugs

Thunderstorm and tornado warnings. Yup, we're back in the Heartland!

I can adore watching a thunderstorm but drw the line when tornadoes are mentiomed! Stay safe Kathie!

Hugs

We ventured out to replenish bird and squirrel food between downpours. Wind took Lloyd's cap. He had to chase it across the parking lot. Tornado warnings in effect until 8 pm for 30-county area.

Ick! It basically feels like we went from winter (love the cold) to summer (hate the heat) this week in western NC. I do NOT do well in temperatures over 70 degrees. Annnd these temps will hang around until end of September (sigh). Looks like I'll be starting my summer hibernation early this year.

Today the promise is a "warm" aka go to the beach kind of weather forecast. I do think how ever the beach might be a tad much to aim for though... Cars covered in frost and shady areas as well but the birdies are out chirping and flutteri g around nesting away.

So we will be prepping the patio area, scrubbing it and taking out a couple of chairs atleast to see if we can have a cup of coffee in the sun later on today.

Hugs

LOL, Joanne! I grew up in Miami, FL, and the humidity was just murderous torture. Western NC can be just as hot, but it's because the sun is stronger here, less cloud cover. I am happiest when it's cloudy, 35 degrees, with snow on the ground I can roll around in.

Cynthia, I grew up in West Palm Beach.  After spending more than twelve years of early married life in places where it snowed we found ourselves back in FL and right now I live less than a mile west of Pensacola, FL, in AL.  You can keep your snow and cold weather.

Interesting how some of us like cold weather and others like it warm. Me, I'm happiest at 65-75 F. Too bad life doesn't often permit us to live where we're most comfortable. Of course, that makes us cherish the days that suit us all the more.

Personally, I like the change of seasons myself. Some of all of it.  The most debilitating for me, physically, is the high humidity, It messes with my lung issues but it helps my garden grow so it's good too. Each season (where I am) has it's positives and negatives. I believe, if I embrace one thing, I need to accept the other as well. Listen to me philosophize as I'm sitting here whining about my "too slow" knee recovery. What a hypocrite I am this morning!!

• Like 1