So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

Just sitting here grinning and feeling blessed to be in the South in the dead of winter. (This from someone who thoroughly enjoyed heading to northern Wisconsin for snowmobiling back in the day.)

• Like 1

Grazhina, I've been looking for cool summer month areas to retire to. Since Ive lived in Florida for 30+ years I've been looking for a place which perfectly describes your summers. I noticed that you are in Maine. Can you recommend a section of Maine that's close enough to an airport(1 hour) and has plenty of lake house options? Thanks. Feel free to PM me.

Like Stacey said, I have a little bit of everything. This morning it was sunny and cool, so fall like. Now its trying to sprinkle and its down right getting chilly. Time to get the comforter out at night it was 40 last night....shiver shiver! I love fall here in the high desert. So cool!

• Like 1

We had a heat wave last weekend and perfect hiking and beach weather while we were at Fort Pickens the past week, and this evening we finally got our rain.

Kat, thank you for posting that link; I do NOT miss the cold winters we endured when we lived in OH and don't care if I never have to go through another one. When it gets cold here in the South I suffer.

• Like 1

We had a little rain-finally! I noticed it was starting when my landlord dropped by this afternoon. I told him,Wouldn't you know,just yesterday afternoon I finally felt up to going out and giving everything a good soaking (my son had been watering for me,but he doesn't soak it in like I do.) and today-I then looked up at the sky as it poured more briskly-and he laughed,Yeah,that's why it finally rained!lol But everything green looked good anyway,so I was happy.

Holly,I know you must hurt when it's cold with your arthritis-I just hurt so bad when it's cold that I will take all the sweat summer can hand me!! I haven't got hair as of this evening,so it's cool now,but I'll be freezing in a few weeks-then it's hats here I come!LOL

It has been in the mid to upper 90's all summer here, but the past few mornings have been unusually cool. It normally takes me 2 or 3 evenings to mow the lawn, but I'm tempted to crank up the mower in the morning after taking the kids to the bus stop this coming week.

It's Labor Day, the end of the summer season and we're getting the warmest weather we've had all year. We were going to take an after dinner walk along the beach, but it was packed. There were even people in the water. Water temperature right now is 59. They predict temperatures this week to stay in the 80's.

We had some nifty loud storms last night and massive rain. I feel bad for the people south of me who have been flooded time after time in the last couple of weeks. It's supposed to rain more later this week.

The weather all August has been like what we get in September, people with pools are complaining. I love it as I am normally stuck in the house the whole month because it's too hot.

We have had a beautiful weekend, 22 yesterday and supposed to be 25 today. Tomorrow, not so much and then the rest of the week goes into the toilet.

ZERO. Our low Wed/Thur/Friday night are predicted to be ZERO. ALREADY. :noway:

We usually don't go that low until the 3rd or 4th week of Sept.

It was yucky gray & cloudy when we got up this AM to go paddling with a bunch of our hiking friends here, but by the time we got our kayaks down to the water and were working the shuttle it turned out lovely, and when we hit the water we had a breeze almost the whole way. We only paddled a bit over 7 miles, so stopped at a couple of sandbars to get out and sit in the cool water.

We got our rain earlier today; it began just as I finished making adjustments to the Littler House on the Highway's shower curtain to solve issues we were having with it. We're supposed to be getting a slight break in the heat this coming weekend.

Please pray for my friend in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. She is braving Hurricane Odile alone with her dog, Moe. At least she left her trailer and found shelter in a concrete building. Thanks for your prayers, it will be a long night for her.

• Like 2

Sable, have you heard from your friend? Is she OK? It's pouring down rain here; our first break in the hot weather is supposed to occur at the end of the rain, along about Thursday or Friday. I'm ready to move back into the workshop for a while.

Let's see, this morning it was cool and sunny without a cloud in the sky. About a half hour ago there was one rumble of thunder and 40 drops of rain.....Now its sunny on one side of the road and clouding up over the peaks. :p

I hope your friend in Mexico makes it through the hurricane unscathed!