So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

Today's high is 98 with a heat index of 108 and 100% humidity. There's a 30% chance of the daily thunderstorms this evening. Basically, the same weather we've been having since late March, early April.

If by some chance we don't get the rain, we're going to BBQ this evening. If I can get one of our rain soaked logs to ignite, we may have a nice open smoked steak or two.

After a summer of wonderful, unusually temperate temperatures, we're heading into our third day of heat advisories. Stepping outside is like a smack in the face with a warm, wet washcloth.

The humidity was down a smidge today, which was nice because today we took our old RV in and picked up the new one and in addition to running around from bank to dealer to tag office we were back & forth between the two campers. There was a humongous fifth wheel parked near the office and its shade was at least 20 ddgrees cooler than out in the sun. DH said he felt a sprinkle as he was coming in from parking it, but when I went out with the pillows new sheets so I can start making up the beds tomorrow, it was clear & dry.

The forecast was spot on and my timing was accidentally perfect. DW came home this evening with groceries and a new grill for me to put together. At the time, it was hot, but dry outside. As soon as I finished assembling it, it started to rain buckets. 10 minutes later, the rain passed, but it was much cooler outside- perfect for grilling. Tonight we grilled steaks and spare ribs.

Even though it is hot,yes,I am still stubbornly not going to fuss too much about the heat-especially when I realize just how soon we are all going to be freezing again! I am not looking forward to all that with a soon to be bald head....!lol

• Like 2

Rain rain go away....

We are under a rainfall warning. And this 2nd of 3 lows series have taken summer with them. On Wednesday it was +29 and I again went to the beach for a swim.

Then the first low stormed in. Thursday was +17. Yesterday was +16. Today is +15......

Lows are steadily slipping into single numbers as well....

Y'all's "warm" weather doesn't last all that long in Manitoba, does it? If Kat ever PMs me where she lives I can take her a pile of snuggy warm hats for when our cold weather finally arrives.

Today's weather has offerd bright blue sky, then all of a sudden dark and threatening clouds with heavy rain that went down like a shower, then back to sunshine and sometimes the sun was bright along with heavy thunder and rain... Thankfully the wind has slowed down, so now hubby is out tending the BBQ whilst I am prepping the "rest"

Hugs

Where I grew up, when it rained whilst the sun was shiniing folks said it was the devil beating his wife again. It's gloriously gorgeous, therefore HOT here, but with the a/c on in the camper loading the gear into it isn't nearly as horrible as unloading the old one was! I have the bathroom done and most of the bedroom and just the microwave cart to unload to finish the kitchen! The cart will live in the workshop; I think I can think of things to use it for...

• Like 1

our 3rd day using no ac...well till dinner have to turn it on when we make the house hot...its been nice...the humidity is 29% but overall nice and cool

good day to be outside in Phoenix today....only 99 out there!

our 3rd day using no ac...well till dinner have to turn it on when we make the house hot...its been nice...the humidity is 29% but overall nice and cool

good day to be outside in Phoenix today....only 99 out there!

It's the humidity that messes with my breathing something fierce. It could be 65 degrees but if it's high humidity, I can hardly stand it. That low humidity must be wonderful !! Haven't tried out the high heat/low humidity before so I don't know if it would work for me or not. So glad it does for you Nutti.

Yup. We usually..repeat usually...are low to mid 20s June, mid to high 20s and sometimes 30s in July/mid Aug, low to mid 20s Aug first bit of Sept and teens until end of October/ early November when we are single numbers. By mid Nov we are below 0 and it keeps dropping from there....

So we REALLY love our summers here and we get really cranky when it's bad one! We never did make it to 15 today, got stuck at 12 and there we sit. Dreary and rain/mist all day. Curl up in bed with a book weather.

That being said, we are not as humid as many of you are. The humidity in PA when I was in grad school was like to kill me. 100% humidity, high 30s heat and not raining...gaaaaah.

One funny thing, after 4 yrs hard slog and 2 graduate degrees, I moved back to the prairies. I was in ND at the same, same climate as MB. (just different countries)

One foggy morning everyone was complaining about the humidity...50%...and I was like...humidity? What humidity? LOL

Our highs have been in the 70's pretty much all summer. We may have hit the low 80's two or three times this year so far here along the Maine coast. Weather forecast predicts we might hit into the low 80's once or twice this week.

It's always warmer a bit further inland. The biggest difference was one year when it was hanging around 70 at our house about a mile from the shore, but at the baseball field about 15 minutes inland, it was in the 90's.

It was +8 this morning when I got up. Tonight it is supposed to go down to +2 :-o

For those of us who calculate in Fahrenheit, that's 46 in the morning, 35 at night. That's pretty close to winter in my book!

Here in the Heartland the prediction is 97F today, hottest day yet in the heat streak, with cooling not in sight for another several days. Has anyone else noticed that whatever the temps during the summer, there is always at least a week of scorching temps right after school starts?