So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

Yes Maureen, yesterday is was snowing like crazy! I live over 7,000 ft asl and the peaks are at 13,000. It didn't stick down here on the desert plateau but the peaks are white!! Tomorrow its going to be 75!!! Wacky weather!!!

Over here it is really showing signs of spring, chilly mornings, trees are almost all dressed in sheer green leaves now...

Today we had just cleared up as in cleaning up the big saws as we had a delivery of planks that we need to finish the patio fence with and when we were walking towardsthe stairs to get indoors we felt heavy rain drops...

Didn't get to much of it though, just a teensy "scare"

Hoping it stays dry tomorrow as well as we try to do the messy sawing/woodworking bits outside sonce it helps withcleaning up afterwards.

Hugs

Our recent deluge stripped the opened magnolia blossoms off the trees, but they are simply packed solid with unopened buds, and when the rest of them open it will be glorious. We awoke to overcast, but while we were at the grocery store the sun came out. There is a chunk of eastbound Nine Mile Road pavement (US90A) gone, along with the front twenty feet or so of the entrance road into a subdivision and about six to ten feet of the soil that used to be underneath the pavements. Apparently I-10 between FL and AL has reopened, but the access ramps will have to be repaired.

Well Spring and warm weather arrived this weekend. It was 85 yesterday in Santa Fe and 75 here in the north today! We walked in the park and all the flowers were in bloom, leaves coming out on the trees........a-Chew! :p

It has been chilly in New Jersey, these past few days, but at least the rain had stopped until today when it was drizzling on and off. The riverbanks are still high in some areas.

It is May 8, the middle of spring, and this morning was the second day in a row my 91-year-old mother woke me up to tell me she was freezing. The thermostat was on 70, but it was cold nonetheless, so I had to jack it up to 76. It is another rainy, miserable day outside, but at least it is not raining hard like it was last week when the riverbanks overflowed. - Stay safe and warm, everyone.

The weather here is lovely, it got up to low 80s but is cool in the workshop. They finally got around to closing our street yesterday to work on draining the three yards that have been turned into a lake by last week's rain (more forecast for this weekend, just what those poor people don't need right now!).

We had a wild evening here in Lorain County, Ohio! Tornado warnings for about 5 hours, thunderstorms, hail, and flooding. Not too far from my house, residents were evacuated via boats! Schools closed due to flooded classrooms and kitchens. Our back yard was a pond, but we were lucky to not have any in the house. We have storm drains in the back. Our sump pump ran almost all night.

Sirens going off and there were funnel clouds but no touchdowns thank goodness! I looked out back to see how bad it was, and we had a pair of ducks frolicking in the water, they were loving it! We got more than 5" of rain in just over an hour.

My poor dog Coco is terrified of thunder, and she was shaking all over and whimpering, poor baby! A friend lost part of his roof and his basement flooded.

More severe thunderstorms due in tonight. I plan to just go in the basement to my workroom and putz about with my minis. I haven't been able to for a while, I'm just getting over a bad URI and still feel wiped out. At least the cough and sneezes are gone.

Anyone else get any flooding?

We got a couple of inches of rain yesterday, not really necessary when there are still sections of road between Foley and Pensacola that have huge chunks still missing from the last deluge. Today the sun is out, though, and we have a cold front.

It almost hit 80 today! As usual, the wind is making the dust fly and the tumble weeds tumble. Here's a picture of my big brave watch dog taking on a tumble weed in the garage. ha :tumbleweed: !

post-26465-0-45619700-1400541050_thumb.j

• Like 2

Gloriously gorgeous Gulf Coast day, into the mid-80sF and not a cloud. Tomorrow it's prep and load the Little House on the Highway for a week of hiking, museums, etc.

• 2 months later...

OMG!!! It was snowing!!!!! Wha????? It was 80 this morning.........then it started to thunder and rain a bit.........then it snowed for about 2 minutes!!!!!!!!!

I am not kidding!!!!!!! Its August isn't it???? :ohmy:

• Like 2

Lots of thunder and lightning here, Lawanda, but we didn't lose power. The garden got a good soaking and kept me indoors today -- too muddy to dig.

• Like 1

I picked the perfect three weeks to go on vacation (back to ye olde grinde Monday). It's been in the mid to high 20s, and I am quite brown. Actually look like what I am, lol. And while we had 2 bat kaka crazy thunderstorms during our camping trip on the August long weekend, I have been able to spend the last 18 days out of doors.....(hence being brown. Even with SPF 50)

• 2 weeks later...

The weather?
Feels like Fall.
The red dogwood bushes are losing their leaves already. I love Fall but it is tooooo early! LOL

There is no humidity so I am getting stuff done without profusely sweating (that is saved for when I am sleeping)

Cool and damp here in the Heartland after a night-long rain. Dark, gloomy day. It's 11:30, and I'm still sitting here in my nightgown. Better get dressed and get cracking. Lots to do inside since I can't work outside.